Chapter 16

"Phase shifter, Spark extractor, immobilizer," Jack pointed to different vaults in the base. "This is where we store the Cybertronian relics we found buried on Earth."

I also found them interesting, considering it was my first time seeing the rest of the relics. I recognized the familiar Phase Shifter from our New York trip.

I made a note to ask Jack about the rest later.

"And talk about a small universe 'cause most of them came from~" Jack was cut off by Smokescreen

"- the The Iacon hall of records. I remember these," he stared intensely at one of them. We continued walking around, and stumbled upon a vault with a giant egg-like structure with some bot inside. Her face was in a shocked face, and I noticed her long limbs at the back.

She's probably a spider-bot or something, I wondered.

"Whoa. What kind of relic is she?" Smokescreen wondered. Jack looked at him gravely.

"The kind you don't want to mess with," he said and continued walking up ahead.

Smokescreen nodded in understanding as I ran to Jack.

What do you mean by that? I signed.

"Basically, she's Arcee's arch-enemy, who killed her first partner during the war. Me and Arcee found her in the middle of the woods, and found out she collects indigenous species, and she chased after me. She and M.E.C.H also teamed up and nearly killed my Mom, and that's when she also found out about the autobots," Jack explained.

Oh.

That's freaky.

Jack just nodded, the fear still in his eyes.

"Those two moments were my most scariest moments in my life so far. I almost lost Arcee, and I almost lost Mom," he gripped onto his other hand.

That's what I most admire about him. He fears for the safety of others more than his own.

M.E.C.H really has caused so much trouble for you guys huh? I signed to him.

"You have no idea," he laughed.

"So, who is this M.E.C.H you're talking about?" Smokescreen asked. Oh right. I forgot he was there.

"Some shady human organization, something like an evil military I suppose. They are really interested in learning about Cybertronians and even managed to replicate Optimus. Luckily, their leader, Silas is paste now," Jack told him. I shuddered. Thinking about M.E.C.H still terrified me and the trauma eats me up. I wish we wouldn't talk about it anymore.

I tapped Jack's shoulder.

Can we please not talk about them anymore? I still have trauma from my accident with them.

"Oh right. I'm so sorry, Erin. I forgot how traumatizing it was for you," Jack apologized, side-hugging me.

"Traumatizing? What was?" Smokescreen asked. Ugh, he reminded me of Miko.

I pushed Jack away, 'angry' at him for mentioning the word 'trauma'.

Nothing I looked up at him and signed.

"How did you lose your voice? Did your voice box get torn out like Bumblebee's?" Smokescreen asked. Wow, I guess Bumblebee already told Smokescreen about his problem.

I shook my head.

I have always been mute since I was born. I have been since, and always will be for the rest of my life.