Chapter 4

A/N: hi peeps! Glad most of y'all are loving the story. Don't worry, I'm not gonna stop writing, but I am gonna post at least one chapter a day because I have tons of extra curricular stuff. Happy reading!

"What's your address?" Ratchet asked me. I was sitting on the passenger seat of the ambulance.

I shrugged.

"Look, I'm already not happy to be your guardian, but if you won't cooperate, I'm gonna lose my mind!" He groaned. I groaned along with him and wrote down something in my notebook and showed it to the dashboard in hoping he can see it.

Just up the street, two houses away. Drop me off here, I can walk.

I really didn't want grumpy-face to be my guardian. Why did Optimus make him my guardian? Honestly, getting captured by the cons is way better. With my dad mistreating me, and Ratchet mistreating me...

Never mind.

I opened Ratchet's door and ran away from him, to my house. My Dad will be suspicious when he sees an ambulance outside the house. It was about 6.30pm and I was really late. No biggy, I'll just tell him I had detention.

Today was... weird to say the least. Maybe it was all just a bad dream? Yeah that's right! I mean, the chances of me holding a very powerful alien relic and being found by giant alien robots is less than 1%. Right?

Of course I'm amazed and bewildered that I was wrong about believing aliens didn't exist, but I wasn't ready for this kind of excitement. Or adventure.

I held my breath as I knocked on the door. No answer. I tried opening the door, but it was locked. Is he drunk again?

I kept knocking on the door, but to no avail. By now, it was getting dark and cold. I decided to wait. Ratchet had already left as I couldn't see the ambulance anymore.

10 minutes went by.

Then 15.

Then 20

Then 45.

Still no answer.

Before I knew it, it was already 7.45pm and I was freezing. My head was still hurting from the bleed yesterday. Why won't he open the door? I kept knocking every ten minutes, in hoping he'd answer.

But nothing. I checked all the windows around my house, but they were all locked. Most likely he didn't want me to enter.

I guess I might as well head over to Jack's house. But what if Ms Darby gets suspicious and tell the police about it? That option seems increasingly tempting, and it was getting colder and I didn't want to sleep on the hard floor outside the house without a jacket or anything.

I stood up and started to walk to Jack's house. I knew he wouldn't mind. At least, I hope so.

It was 8pm, and I was starving. I didn't have any money, so I quickened my pace. It was also pitch black outside, the only light source being the lamp posts shining on the road.

I stopped.

Jack was probably still with the autobots, and Ms Darby only finished her shift at the hospital around 10pm or something.

Shit

I guess I'll just keep waiting outside my own house. I heard a notification on my cellphone and opened it.

Hey Erin. Did doc bot bring you back home safely? -miko

How did she get my number? I don't remember giving it to her.

Oh wait. I did.

If she's texting me right now, that means she left their base already.

I was really confused in this moment. Should I go back to my house or ask Miko if I could come over to hers?

Better just go back to my house. It would be rude to visit her house without planning ahead first.

I turned around and walked back to my own house, ignoring Miko's message.

As I walked back, I heard a strange sound. It sounded like a car. That was strange. Who would be driving a car at this time? I mean, it was 9pm, and that's when most of Jasper is getting ready to sleep.

I quickened my pace, thinking it was probably a kidnapper and wanted to kidnap me.

Something in my gut told me that I am gonna get kidnapped. I've watched way too many movies to know what's gonna happen in this same situation.

Just in case, I typed a message to Miko, saying help, but didn't send it.

And just as expected, there was a black van next to me. It stopped right next to me and I started to brisk walk. The door opened and two men in black came out wielding guns. By then, I had started to run.

I kept hearing loud bangs, and I knew they were trying to shoot me. No one else was out this late except me.

The final bang came and everything went in slow-motion. I felt a piercing pain go through my right leg, and I knew I had been shot. I collapsed to the ground, blood pouring out of my leg. I started to breathe heavily due to the intense pain and fresh tears came to my eyes.

Really should've stayed home.

When I fell, my phone fell out of my pocket. I grabbed it and did my best to continue with the unsent message to Miko.

Help Som guys r kidnapp meele

Due to the rush, I couldn't spell it right, but I hope she did get the message. I could hear footsteps behind me.

I was in so much pain that I started tearing up. My entire leg felt like it was burning. Every vein felt like it was on fire. Burning hot, raging fire. I hadn't felt this much pain since the tsunami, when I went away with a broken arm and the mental pain when I lost my mother.

Just as my thumb hit the send button I felt two pairs of strong hands grab my shoulder. I tried to resist it, but I knew it was useless. My phone dropped to the ground and I heard the screen crack.

I hope it didn't break.

But right now, I was in a more dire situation. Their grip on my shoulders was so tight, that when I tried to move it, it almost feels like I will break them. And now since one of my legs were injured, the chances of me escaping this situation was less than 5%.

Even so, due to instinct, I kept trashing my arms and legs around. I felt really dizzy, about to pass out, most likely due to blood loss. 

"Shut up you and keep still!" One of them yelled at me. Uh, hello? I already  shut up!

A piece of cloth then went over my mouth, causing me to gag. It tasted like the smell of petrol. It didn't take long for me to fade into darkness. Everything went dark.