Chapter 22

Erin's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, groggily taking in my surroundings. I was in a dark, cramped cell, with cold metal walls and a faint hum of machinery in the background. I tried to speak, but my voice was silent.

I looked around, trying to remember how I got here. That's when I saw Jack, sitting in the corner, his eyes fixed on me with a mix of concern and determination.

"Oh my god, you're finally awake!" He sighed as tears filled his eyes.

Jack got up and came over to me, gently stroking my hair. I felt a surge of relief that he was here, but also frustration that I couldn't communicate with him.

He took my hand, and I felt a sense of comfort in his touch. I touched my shoulder, remembering the burn, and was surprised to see a piece of cloth there. I eyed Jack's torn sleeve and put two and two together.

The cloth was staining with my blood, and I was grateful for him for trying to stop the blood.

Thank you I said in sign language. He smiled and whispered a reply.

"You're welcome."

We sat there in silence, trying to come up with a plan. I knew we had to escape, but how? And what did the Decepticons want with us?

Suddenly, the cell door opened, and Knockout, the Decepticon medic, entered. "Time to make your demands to the Autobots," he sneered.

Jack glared at him, but I just looked away, feeling helpless. I knew I had to find a way to communicate, to help Jack and the Autobots. But how?

As we were dragged into the communication room, I saw Starscream standing in front of a viewscreen, a smug expression on his face. He turned to face us, his eyes gleaming with malice.

"Ah, Jack, Erin, welcome. I'm glad you're awake for this. You see, we're about to make a little transmission to your Autobot friends."

I struggled against my restraints, my eyes flashing with anger.

"You'll never get away with this, Starscream!" Jack yelled.

Starscream chuckled. "Oh, but I will. You see, we have something they want. And they'll do anything to get it back."

He gestured to a nearby console, where a Decepticon trooper was busy typing away.

The viewscreen flickered to life, showing Optimus Prime's stern face.

"Starscream, you know the Autobots will never surrender to your demands,"Optimus Prime growled.

Starscream smirked. "Ah, but they will. You see, I have something they care about deeply. Two humans, to be exact."

He gestured to us, and the camera zoomed in on our faces. We saw Optimus's eyes widen.

"Jack!" Arcee shouted at the same time Smokescreen shouted "Erin!"

My eyes met Jack's, and I knew we were thinking the same thing. We had to stall for time.

"Optimus, don't do it!" Jack shouted. "They'll just use the relics for evil!"

I tried my best to sign Yeah, Prime! Don't give in to their demands!

Starscream's face darkened, but he kept his cool. "Ah, but it's too late for that. The Autobots will surrender the relics, or you two will suffer the consequences. I am transmitting the coordinates for our meeting point. Bring the Iacon relics."

"And in return, will you let go of Erin and Jack?" Ratchet growled.

"Bring the relics first. We'll talk about them later," Starscream replied.

"Why should we trust you? We'll never surrender the relics!" Smokescreen shouted. I face-palmed. Oh boy, he was going to be in trouble with Arcee later.

"Because the safety and welfare of your human pets rely on them," we heard Megatron speak from behind us. He walked out of the shadows and came into view. We heard Optimus gasp.

He picked up the both of us in his giant hands. Jack yelped.

"Agree to our terms, or..." Megatron started to tighten his grip.

Soon, he started to squeeze us until we started hyperventilating. Jack was squirming and making strained noises. I was silent. I couldn't even see the Autobot's reaction.

Before I could pass out, I heard Optimus's voice agree. That made Megatron loosen his grip. I breathed in a gulp of air.

"You'll get the relics, Megatron. Just... Don't harm them," Optimus said in a shook manner, his voice hitching. Megatron slightly laughed.

The viewscreen flickered off, and Starscream turned to us, his eyes cold and calculating. "You see, Jack, Erin, you're just pawns in a much larger game. And pawns are expendable."

Autobots POV

Optimus Prime's face set in determination. "We can't let them hurt Jack and Erin. We have to act fast."

Ratchet's face contorted in anger. "That treacherous Decepticon! We can't trust him to keep his word."

"I agree," Arcee said, her eyes flashing with determination. "We need to come up with a plan to rescue Jack and Erin, and fast."

Bulkhead nodded. "I'm with Arcee. We can't let Starscream dictate terms to us. We need to take action."

"But we're not really gonna be surrendering the relics, are we? I mean, this could be our only chance of winning this war!" Smokescreen agreed. Of course, he cared for his human partner and prayed with all hope she was unharmed, but he also wanted to win the war.

"Smokescreen, the price is too steep. We can't justify sacrificing our own, no matter the circumstances. Every life has value, human or Autobot. And we must remember, humans are not pawns in our war. They don't deserve to be punished for the mistakes we have made. We need to find a solution that doesn't require us to betray our values and put the innocent at risk."

Smokescreen nodded, understanding Optimus' words. He knew he was right, but it was hard to see a way out of this situation.

The Decepticons had them cornered, and it seemed like surrendering the relics was the only way to save our human friends.

But Optimus was right.

We couldn't give up. We had to find another way.

"Autobots, let's regroup and come up with a new plan," Optimus said, his voice firm. "We can't let the Decepticons win. We have to protect our humans, and we have to protect the relics."

"I have received the coordinates to the meeting point. Gather the relics," Ratchet instructed.

"Hold on a second. You can't just give it to the cons! Who knows why damage they'll do!" Miko argued.

"What do you have in mind?" Arcee raised her eyebrow.

"How about a little misdirection?" Raf suggested. Miko grinned mischievously as she looked at Ratchet's tools and equipment.

~
A/N: hey guys! Author here! I posted two chapters today because my term two exams are unfortunately starting on Tuesday 😭😞

Of course I will write and post chapters during my free time, like when I'm on the bus to school and back. But that'll be quite hard because everyday I reach home around 7pm or something :‚)

Welp, I have too many extra curricular stuff 😅.

All the best to me I guess :‚)

I'll keep y'all posted. Promise!!

(Also, I know I keep changing my username. Don't mind me. Just can't find one that smacks. Oh well)

-Shrav <3