No matter what|AE

...
San took a deep breath and looked up, "Wooyoung," he began, his voice trembling slightly, "I think I-"

"Don't say it"

Oh..

For in that moment, standing beneath the open sky, surrounded by the beauty of the world around them, San knew one thing for certain.

He was in love.

He needed Wooyoung.

"But I want to say it"

They locked eyes.

No turning back.

"Wooyoung," he began, his voice trembling, "there's something I need to tell you. Something that I've been keeping from you for far too long."

He took a deep breath, gathering his thoughts as he struggled to find the right words to convey the depth of his feelings. "You're not really here. None of this is real. You... you died many years ago. Young-ah, I-"

"Hyung, what the fuck are you saying?"

The words hung heavy in the air, a bitter truth that San had carried with him for what felt like an eternity. He watched as the color drained from Wooyoung's face, his eyes widening in shock and disbelief.

"I know it's hard to believe," San continued, his voice barely above a whisper, "but this... all of this... it's just a dream. A dream that I've been trapped in ever since you left this world."

He could feel the tears welling up in his eyes, threatening to spill over as he spoke. "I've tried so hard to wake up, to escape this endless nightmare, but I couldn't. Not until I told you the truth."

San's heart ached with a pain that cut deeper than any physical wound as he looked into Wooyoung's eyes, knowing that he was about to shatter the illusion of their shared reality. But he knew that he couldn't continue living this lie, not when the truth weighed so heavily on his conscience.

"And there's something else, Young-ah," he added, his voice breaking "Even though you're not really here, even though you're just a figment of my imagination, I... I love you. More than anything in this world."

The words hung in the air, heavy with the weight of San's confession. He watched as tears welled up in Wooyoung's eyes, mirroring the pain and heartache that he felt deep in his soul.

"I miss you, Wooyoung," San whispered, his voice barely audible over the sound of his own sobs. "Every day, every moment, I miss you. And I would give anything, anything at all, just to be with you again."

But even as he spoke, a part of him knew that it was too late—that no amount of longing or love could bring Wooyoung back to him.

"I miss you too"

"Wooyoung, I-"

"But I'm not gone"

San choked on his own tears.

"I maybe don't look like what you remember me as, but I'm there"

The younger gently touched his cheek.

"I've always stayed consistent when It came to my favorite color, didn't I?"

A pink hue casted over his hair.

He smiled.

"Yu-?"

San woke up.

It was 4am on a tuesday night.

His doorbell rang.

———————————————————————
An alternative ending to ease your souls❤️

Maybe Wooyoung is gone but the reason why San started to even have those dreams was Yuqi.

Maybe those two aren't different at all.

I love you.