(Chapter 2) Part 1: Poppy

A second or two later, Dan stops screaming, "God damn it!"

Nearic snickers, "You're fine, Dan."

The older brother scowls, "Shut up."

Nearic looks back at the case, only to see the doll missing, "Oh no."

Dan looks at him, "What, what is it?"

Nearic points at the box, "Uh, the doll's gone."

Dan looks over, seeing the empty case, "Oh come on!"

The little brother smiles sheepishly, "Water break?"

Dan sighs as he nods, taking off his backpack and putting it on the ground. He then takes the two water bottles that are in the side pouches and hands one to Nearic, the young man takes it with a 'Thank you.' and proceeds to drink it. Dan then grabs a granola bar and a small bag of sliced apples, giving the apple slices to Nearic and keeping the granola bar to himself. Nearic and Dan both sit down against the wall, snacking on their food and drinking some water to catch their breath.

Dan sighs, "This is a fine mess you dragged me into, Nearic."

The little brother nods, "Yep, but I could've handled it without you."

Dan snorts, "Hardly, you'd be trying to talk that Huggy plush down instead of thinking rationally and running for your life."

Nearic smiles, "Yeah, I think I would, but I think I could've made it work."

Dan rolls his eyes, "Sure." He drawls.

Nearic looks at him, "What, I could, I lived here! So maybe they would be willing to listen to one of the orphans here."

The older brother shakes their head, "Alright, next giant bloodthirsty toy we find, you talk them down from attacking us, yeah?"

Nearic nods, "You got it." Finishing up his last apple slice, he stands up, "Alright, finish up some water then we get going, we can't stay here forever."

Dan nods, "Agreed." Taking one last sip, he closes up the water bottle and holds his hand out, "Let's pack up."

Nearic hands him his water bottle, Dan putting them away as he uses an empty backpack pocket for garbage, then stands up, "Let's head out!"

The two of them then leave the doll's room and walk back the way the came in from, only to see that the room between the entrance and the doll's room has been altered; The doorway to the stairs has been blocked off by furniture, and the closet that blocked of the only door in the room was moved out of the way, allowing access.

Nearic comments, "Guess she wants us to go this way, maybe she wants to help?"

Dan sighs, "I doubt it, but let's hope so."

Nearic rolls his eyes, "Pessimist." Before walking over and opening the door, "Shall we?"

Dan nods and walks through, his little brother following suit and closing the door behind them. Ahead of them is one long hallway, with a high decrepit ceiling, broken lights that are both flickering and dangling from said ceiling, and artwork of other toy along the walls.

Dan grumbles, "This place just can't get creepier, can it?"

Nearic shrugs, "Keep asking and you'll find out." Then starts walking ahead.

The older purses his lips before following, glancing at the wall and shadows, ensuring they're not surprised by another killer toy like last time, "I still can't believe these things are alive."

They reach two doors on either side of them, and a quick test of the doorknobs reveal them both to be locked, so they keep going. As they reach some artwork of Huggy hugging himself by wrapping himself up in his own arms, and a smiling dinosaur, they hear something.