(Chapter 3) Part 11: Class Is Back In Session

Dan mutters, "This is safer than the others?"

Nearic hums, "Possibly." The older brother groans.

Hoppy then says, "Ignore that, we're here, now let's get to the generator."

Nearic nods "Right," they all start walking up to the two doors on each side of the hall, "Now which room do we go in." he starts looking through the door's window, "This one looks like a classroom."

Dan then looks through the one on the right, "So does this one, but I see a power port in there."

"Guess we'll check that one out first." Nearic says in reply.

Dan nods and opens the door before walking inside, Nearic and Hoppy following shortly afterward. The first things they had noticed were the strung up toys on the ceiling, which were seeming to be a common kill method in Playcare, and Nearic didn't know how to feel about that. There were also several desks and chairs around the room, some of those chairs were stacked by the right wall, ahead of them was a power port, just like Dan had stated, and then there was a piano in the middle of the room, a note on its chair.

Nearic narrowed his eyes, "Hm." He started walking over as Dan took the charge from the port before walking out of the room to look for the receiver.

Hoppy walked over to Nearic, "What ya got?"

Nearic replies, "A note, I was just about to read it."

Then the sound of a gate rising is heard from outside the room, Dan calling out, "Got us forward!"

Nearic calls back, "Coming!" he looks to his aunt, "Let's go." She nods and they both leave the room.

Dan sees the note in his brother's hand and asks, "What's that say?"

Nearic holds it up, "Haven't checked, was going to read it before you opened the gate."

The older motions with a rotation of his wrist, "Well, go on. Follow us and read, we'll keep going through."

Nearic nods, "Alright."

The three then continue onward as Nearic reads the note aloud, "Just a few weeks ago now was The Hour of Joy."

Dan mutters, "Again with that name?"

The younger brother continues reading, "Today, there is only silence in this school. I don't think any of us know what to do with it." Nearic follows his brother as he takes a left turn into a room, "The hallways without the children carry even the smallest sounds as if they were shouts."

Dan does a quick scan of the room before snatching the green battery on some counter, Hoppy starts guiding her nephew out the room as he continues to read, "The other teachers and I startle each other constantly."

They then go the other way through an open doorway into another hall, "We'll have to get used to it." Dan checks both doors on either side of him, the right one unlocking, "Something locked the front door this morning. We haven't been able to open it."

Nearic lowers the paper, "That's all."

Dan hums as he explores the room, "Sounds like this 'Hour of Joy' is when things went to shit."

The younger brother nods, "Yeah, and with the complete absence of workers, as well as children. I can bet you it's that riot we heard in that tape of the Prototype."

Hoppy looks at Nearic, "Heard?" she asks worryingly.

Dan nods as he moves some old papers and books around, "Yeah, we watched a tape about another log about the Prototype, and they was a lot of background noise, like there was a big riot."