Chapter 28- Man In The Mirror.

KANE.

By the time we got there, the packhouse was almost empty, Grant heading for the kitchen to stave off the inquisition, allowing me to escape upstairs, badly in need of a shower. As my foot touched the first step, a scent that was all too familiar broke through my reverie, my canines descended and my claws clid out, I took the stairs in two steps and stormed down the hall, the sickening stink growing stronger the closer I got to my private quarters, I wrenched open my door and there she was, on her knees just like I'd left her this morning, letting the sheet fall past her tits with a sly smile, in my private wing, in my bed, "I rushed over as soon as I heard, come here baby, I'm all the Luna you need."

My chest heaving with rage, I crossed the room, grabbing her by the throat, ignoring her choked gasps, my hand squeezed tighter as I roared in her face, "You? Luna? You're a slut, easily used and disposed of." I seethed, "You're nothing but an available hole, half the fucking pack has filled it. Get the fuck out of my room and if you ever dismiss your Luna like that again, I'll be doing a lot more than this..." I snarled as I opened my door and threw her into the wall in the hallway. "There has been no rejection nor will there be."

Her barely clad body cracked the plaster as it hit the wall, she slid down to the floor clutching her bruised throat, horrified. Grant and the mum's appeared, taking in my heaving figure in the doorway and the naked she-wolf holding her neck and crying. I snarled, slamming my door on them all but Grant opened it again, came in and stared at me, "How do you want to deal with her?"

"She was in my fucking bed, spouting some shit about her being Luna." Grant's face hardened, no doubt asking himself if I'd stoop so low to get my hole that I'd make promises like that. In no mood to be preached at, I growled, grabbing my clothes, "I made my point, I'm off limits. When she tried to touch me... it was revolting. I'm revolting." I rasped, "my pack thinks I'd reject my mate for some meaningless fuck, even you're questioning me... take Erin to sub one, I'm not dealing with that shit right now, and burn that bed, I'm going for a shower, I want full reports in twenty." Grant looked at me like a father proudly watching their pup take their first steps, but wisely kept his trap shut, "Have Mama B cancel all appointments and engagements and make sure Frankie has all the..."

He cut me off, "Jesus Kane, chill, it's all done, take a beat and get your head on straight, we'll be downstairs when you're ready."

*****

Midnight blue eyes stared at 6'4'' of lean, rippling muscle, my hair darkened by the blistering hot shower I'd taken, making the burnished blonde gleam. Steam fogged up the mirror and I rubbed the glass clear again, forcing myself to meet the judgement of the man in the mirror, his lips sneered at me, eyes of flint fixed on me with a loathing that made me want to rip my skin off. The glass fogged up again and the man vanished. I stormed into my room, leaving the mirror shattered behind me, my bed already dismantled and removed from my room. Avoiding the mirror hanging there, I threw on a pair of shorts and headed downstairs.

The mums jumped me as soon as I stepped foot into the kitchen, fussing over me until I pulled a mum into each shoulder briefly and squeezed, finally slipping out of their grasp and into my seat at the top of the table. As Grant slid into his on my right side, I glanced at the empty one on my left. She should have been sitting there by now. "No she wouldn't and either would we, not for a week or so anyway." Killian licked his lips, recalling her honeyed scent, my cock twitched instantaneously, suddenly thirsty for the hunt, the ultimate chase ending with us claiming her for good.

"This is a whole new side to you." I said, shocked.

"Unlike some...I've reserved it for our mate. When it's time to find them, we will make sure they're more than satisfied, wearing our mark," this side of Killian stunned me, he'd never shown any interest in sex, now I couldn't shut him up. "I remained as faithful as I could." I recoiled from his vicious tone and the wrath he fired into our thread. Killian had fought me to start with, finally walling himself off, never once breaking his vow of celibacy every time I'd whored myself to someone who wasn't our mate. I blocked him out, the memory of Erin and countless others making my skin crawl. Turning my attention to the massive steak and rib platter that had been placed in front of me, I realised I had no appetite but began eating to keep the mums from trying to mollycoddle me further. My mother Beth, Grant's mum Tori and my brother, Lance were here. Also present were my Gamma Callie and her mate Nate, our head warlock and lastly, my head warrior, former Blackwood beta, Walter.