Chapter 32- A Little Payback.

ENYO/ELLIOT

At his eager nod, I clapped my hands together excitedly, “okay, I’m going to rough you up a little bit… oh don’t pout it won’t hurt,” I said as my hand shot out and tore the sleeve of today's shark themed shirt, ruffling his hair before I stepped back and looked at him with pursed lips, “it’s missing something… blood!” Sandman immediately leaned away from me with a raised brow and hands making me laugh. Slowly I raised my hand to my mouth, cutting my wrist open with my teeth and letting it pool in my other hand. Leaving my chin bloody I smeared most of it through his wavy blonde hair and dripping down his face, saving some to decorate our clothes.

"How's this?" He asked, dropping to his knees with his hands up in defence and began pleading with me to stop, I grinned approvingly as his head shot towards the door, "He's coming." he whispered, as I dropped the illusion of my mare in time to see Epiales storming towards us, coming to a stop mere feet away and crossing muscled arms across his tattoo littered chest, seeing his brother bloodied and crying at my feet, slowly his gaze lifted to meet mine and I struggled to hold it, nightmares leaked from his mist as eyes of indigo smoke promised retribution.

“Release him.” The words were backed by a growing darkness that made the indigo bleed into veins that crept over his body in a pattern I can only describe as terrifying. Just as I was about to drop the act, Sandman sobbed loudly, “Eppy, don’t come any closer,” he cried, I choked a surprised giggle back, looking down at him until I got a hold of myself. Groaning, he continued to plead with his brother to stay safe and me for mercy until I had composed myself enough to glare threateningly at ‘Eppy’, now back in his usual form. 

He ran his fingers through his hair, freeing drops of water that landed on his shoulders, slowly tracing their way over the many bumps and ridges down to the start of his happy trail, muttering under his breath until his eyes flickered back to mine and a slow lazy smile spread across his face. Thrusting his hands into his unbuttoned jeans he shrugged unconcernedly, “well it’s not like he can die so release him, don’t release him, either way none of us are going anywhere so I don’t know what you hope to achieve,” He said nonchalantly, throwing a navy t shirt over his head, he sat in the same spot his brother had occupied, crossing his leg so his ankle was on his knee.

As he lounged comfortably, smirking, his twin sat up, pouting, “he sucks the fun out of everything,” I laughed, ignoring the surprise erupting in Epiales mist, I helped Sandman to his feet, “I’ll go make that coffee, leave you two to chat,”  with one last impulsive hug, he stepped through the magic keeping me inside, Epiales grabbed his arm as he passed, looking him over until he was satisfied his twin was okay, Sandman patted his hand, “I’m going to get food, stop being a jerk and hear her out.” Waiting until Epiales nodded sharply, he shot me a smile and left.

“Since when are you and my brother in cahoots?” He asked but his gaze was taking in my renovations, “I like what you’ve done with the place.” He said, gesturing towards the bed but his eyes were hard, unyielding and his distrust of me crawled over my skin... her skin.

I smirked, ignoring his first question. “Elliot's style is a touch dark for my tastes,” at the mention of her master the viper poked me, wanting the answer to the only question she had. When. Sighing I glanced at Fenja’s gold before meeting his stony glare, “Any luck finding Cate? We need to get them out of here.” 

If anything the question caused the veins to darken under his eyes and he leapt to his feet, his fists clenched, “Oh we’re a we now are we?” he asked scornfully and even though I knew I was perfectly safe I had to stop myself from turning away from the unspoken accusations shouting at me from indigo chips of stone. He was right, I sulked in Elliot's mare when I should have been helping, Cate’s informant was screwing with her, someone wanted Epiales taken down with his mother, I opened my mouth to try and defend myself but Fenja’s gold lit up over his shoulder, the viper hissed, zipping around and sparking wildly, all my thoughts flew out of my head as the glass doors slammed open.