Chapter 52

Lauren's POV

I woke up to some annoying knocking echoing from the front door. I slowly sat up and rubbed my sleepy eyes. After a few seconds of yawning and stretching, I finally got enough energy to drag myself out of bed.

As I descended the stairs the knocking began to get more violent.

"UGH, I'M COMING." I groaned, before I made it to the door and flung it open.

Behind it, stood Darren and Dinah creepily smiling at me.

I quirked a brow at their sudden presence.

"Lauren." Dinah said in acknowledgement.

"Dinah." I acknowledged back.

"..."

"Umm Darren? Fuck you guys." Darren mumbled before he crossed his arms and pouted his lip.

I shook my head lightly at the two dorks in front of me before I yawned again, "So, what's up?"

"We need to talk to you." Darren said firmly.

"God, why the hell didn't you call first? I was sleeping."

"Sorry, but it's an emergency."

I furrowed my brows in concern, "Is everything alright? Do you guys want to come in?"

"Actually it's not us..." Dinah began, unsure how to finish her sentence.

"This is about you." Darren finished off.

"Me?"

"Yeah, but more specifically this is about you and Camila."

What the hell?

"Why? Is she okay? Where is she?" I began to panic.

Darren put his hand on my shoulders to calm me, "She's fine. Don't worry. Dinah and I just wanted to have a little chat with you. We have a few questions."

I sighed in relief. "Seriously? You interrupt my afternoon nap because you want to interview me?"

"Yes, now step aside princess." Dinah said before lightly pushing me aside to let herself in.

Darren smiled and patted my shoulder before he too let himself in.

I closed the door behind me and shook my head lightly to rid myself of my impending need to kick them out and continue my slumber.

Darren and Dinah made themselves quite at home pretty quickly. Darren was already sitting on my couch with his feet resting on my coffee table while Dinah was walking around looking at the various things of my home. She stopped at a frame that was sitting on the coffee table near the couch. She picked it up and examined it.

She cocked her head to the side, "Interesting..."

"What is?"

"You."

"What about me?"

Dinah bit her lip as she thought, "I don't know, you just look really innocent here...what happened?"

I rolled my eyes and snatched the photograph from her. I didn't even bother to look at it. I didn't have to explain myself to these people. I set the frame back down on the coffee table harshly.

"Rude." Dinah murmured before she plopped down next to Darren.

I rolled my eyes again and redirected my attention to him. "Okay, so what do you guys want?"

"Dinah and I don't want anything." Darren claimed. "We're here for you."

I stifled a chuckle, "Dinah is here for me? Yeah right."