Chapter 71: Part 1

Narrator's POV

For the following days, Lauren and Hope were inseparable. They quickly became fast friends as they talked about wonders of the universe and the properties of metaphysics.

Talking to Hope felt natural for Lauren. She felt, no, she knew, that she could tell her just about anything. So, she did.

On the other side of the spectrum, Camila was furious. And it wasn't because she saw them around or anything but rather because the word got around. The media was going insane because Hope turned out to be the daughter of some famous Mexican actor. She couldn't stand it when she'd see Lauren and Hope interacting on social media. And it wasn't because of the things they'd say to each other, it was the fact that people actually "shipped" them together. Camila couldn't imagine Lauren with anyone else. And the simple fact that she was, irked her soul.

But even so, she wanted to talk to Lauren. To confront her. But more importantly, to just engage in the simple but newly rare activity of exchanging words. But Lauren just never seemed to give her the chance.

The school day just ended and Camila was nothing but ready to go home, but just as she was going to make her way towards the bike rack to fetch her cruiser, she spotted a girl in a softball uniform that she instantly recognized.

Camila watched as the green eyed girl chat with Madison before their coach called Madison over. After departing ways, Lauren made her way into the empty locker room to put her sports bag away. Camila somehow, managed to slip in just before the door closed. And just as Lauren finished up her task, Camila slammed her locker door shut.

Lauren jumped up scared shitless before she realized who it was. A rush of relief but also utter confusion flowing through her.

"Camz?" She asked completely surprised, "What are you doing in here?"

"I saw you." Camila got right to the point.

"Huh?"

"At the night club." She said, cornering her up against the lockers.

"You w-what?"

"And I was gonna go up to you and tell you how great you did, but someone else did it for me."

"What are you even talking about?"

"Stop acting like you don't know."

"Why were you even there in the first place? I specifically told Darren not to bring you."

"For your information, I didn't even know you were going to be there. He tricked me again."

Lauren rolled her eyes, "Of course he did."

"I didn't know that you were so open to seeing other people." The brown eyed girl brought up.

"Well, what do you want me to say? It just happened."

"It just happened? Seriously?"

Lauren furrowed her brows in confusion.

"You know, if this were flipped around, I'd never hear the end of it."

Lauren sighed, "Look Camz, I'm sorry you had to see that but you can't just come in here and tell me what to do."

"..."

"And plus, you don't even have anything to worry about."

"What's that supposed to mean?"