Chapter 34

Camila's POV

At home Darren had fixed me up and took care of Ariana for me by forcefully taking my phone away and texting her. Although, Darren had always dragged me wherever he wanted, he was acting very strange this time. He was so insistent on me going. Maybe he just wanted me to break up with her already. Or maybe he just wanted me to forget for a while. Either way I was going to the party regardless because after all, I had already been standing out side the feternity doors. I hesitated but Darren as confident as he is, opened the doors and practically through me inside. Ariana quickly caught me before I lost my balance.

"Shit." I said holding onto my chest. "Thank you."

"No problem, are you okay?" She asked helping me stand upright.

"Yeah... yeah. Thank you."

She half smiled before she asked, "Do you want me to get you anything? Maybe like punch? A beer?" She said with a smirk.

"Ha ha ha. Very cute Ariana but no. You know how much of a light weight I am when it comes to drinking." I pouted.

"I know." Ariana said scrunching up her nose. "I just like teasing you about it."

I half smiled because I loved her I really did, but I wasn't in love with her and the task at hand was distracting me.

"So punch it is?"

"Yeah."

"Cool." She awkwardly said noting my obvious discomfort with our verbal interaction.

I'm the second that Ariana's petite body got lost in the crowd, Darren quickly pulled me aside. "So you're going to dump her right?"

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Mila!" Darren whined with a tint of annoyance.

"I'm sorry. You know I don't like hurting people."

"You're going to hurt her more if you stay with her. Let her go. It's time."

I sighed, "Okay, but not here. I can't do that to her. She deserves better than this." I said glancing back at the party.

"Alright. When are you telling Lauren?"

"I don't know. After I break up with her maybe?"

"You should go find her and tell her how much you love her."

"Wait she's here?"

"Of course she's here. Did you think I brought you here just for the hell of it." He said looking past me.

I turned around and gasped when my eyes suddenly met by the green eyes I loved so much.

She looked sad. Hurt. And even a bit sick. Her beautiful pale skin was now Pasty white with no glow what so ever. Under her puffy green orbs, lay purple tinted eye bags. And underneath her nose, was a line of blood; Red, gooey substance that had been dripping from her nose as her eyes stared at me with the most sincerity. I was going to approach her but when she realized that her blouse had been covered in her own dripping blood, she tensed. I stopped in my tracks to observe her reaction, and she was absolutely terrified. She looked as if she was a child, a child who had just seen a ghost; a red bloody ghost. Her wide panicking eyes moving back and forth between me and her blouse when I began to approach her. The closer I got the more she tried to hide her nose bleed. While I tried to get through the huge crowd of people, she did the same but in the opposite direction. She ran away from me before I could even get to her and I didn't understand why she would do that. Or what she was afraid of. But in a panic of my own I ran after her. At the moment I didn't care who I left behind, whether it was Darren or Ariana because all that mattered right now was Lauren. The state she was in, was not healthy. And seeing her like that, made the immense pit of regret within me grow deeper.