Chapter 4

Camila's POV

I was in advanced choir, one of the five classes that Lauren and I shared. Well Lauren, I, Dinah, Darren, Michael, and Madison.

It was half past 1 leaving only a few minutes of class left. Thankfully, So far my day had gone great, I only got tormented twice today which was good considering it was me. I hadn't had much interactions with Lauren as I hoped for lately but I quickly understood that it was simply apart of me that hoped for too much.

After we sang a quick ballad. Our teacher Mr.Swope, an odd white man, who wore spectacles, had curly brown/grey hair, blue eyes and almost had a resemblance to Will Shoester from Glee, but older, got our attention by throwing a pen across the room.

He was an intriguing man. By intriguing I mean that he was very odd. He believed that throwing objects like flash lights and sometimes even chairs at students was okay. Especially when they weren't paying attention or were too loud. He also had an arranged collection of rubber duckies and frogs for reasons I yet have to understand.

Yes, he might of been very unusual and may resemble many symptoms of physco logical problems but overall he was one of the best music teachers in Miami. And his success sort of makes up for all his craziness.

"Now class. It's the beginning of the year-" Mr.Swope began.

"Not really, we started over a month ago." Darren interjected.

"Yes, that is true but it's still the beginning." He said griping a flash light.

Darren put his hands up in defense. "I'm just saying."

The class let out a laugh.

"Anyway..." Mr.Swope began to say. "We're going to have a start of the year project. You and a partner are going to write a song. Play it, sing it, and connect your genre to something similar in the past. Best song and careful analysis wins...drum roll please."

The class hit their hands against their thighs in an attempt to make a drum roll. Tickets to the duck museum!" Mr. Swope said holding up two tickets.

Everyone groaned.

"Trust me going to this...will change you." Mr. Swope beamed.

"Into a physco path." Michael smirked.

The preps chuckled within themselves.

I rolled my eyes at them.

"Fine, and maybe I'll throw in Demi Lovato Tickets." Mr.Swope complied. "But only if your song is absolutely perfect and blows the charts off my rubric."

Everyone gasped in excitement. Then began to talk among themselves. But I don't blame them, ITS DEMI FOR GOODNESS SAKE!

"Hey Bows." I heard Madison call me.

I turned my head and cocked my brow. "Yeah?"

"We're partners."

I think I almost gagged. I put my hand up. "I think I'll pass."

She laughed. "It wasn't a question. You're my partner and that's the end of it."

I sighed because I knew what hey let's be partners meant; I do all the work and get half the credit.

I rolled my eyes and obliged. "Fine."

"Good. I love it when you listen to me." She winked.

I averted her gaze. God I hate her so much. She's the meanest one out of all those jerks. Well at least to me. I never understood why though.

"Okay class, I forgot to mention one thing, I'll be assigning partners." Mr.Swope revealed.

"Ugh." The whole class groaned in unison.