Chapter 64

Camila's POV

"Mija?"

Lauren and I both exchanged horrified glances. She looked back at me as if she was just going to stand there and let the unavoidable happen. I quickly ran back to my bed and threw her clothes at her. She caught them and furrowed her brows in confusion.

I quickly went over to her and pulled her to my closet. I then pushed her in and shut the door.

"Karla? I'm gonna come in." Sinu announced.

I internally shrieked before I sprinted back to my bed and hid under the covers with only my head peaking out of the blanket.

My mom walked in and squinted her eyes in suspicion at the scene. They darted from cloth to sandal to underwear, scattered around the polished wood floor. She then turned to look at me and asked in a calm but obviously upset tone, "What happened?"

"I was changing before you decided to barge in here." I murmured

"You sure?"

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?"

"So you wouldn't mind if Iooked around would you?

"No. Go ahead. It's not like I just got home or anything."

"I don't like your tone."

"Well, I didn't know it was such a crime to change."

"It's not. This just seems..."

"Seems what?"

She looked around the room and ignored my question at first, "Fishy. No me gusta."

"What? You think I have Lauren in here?"

"I wouldn't be surprised."

I laughed nervously, "Thats ridiculous."

"Oh yeah?" She asked before she bent down to peak under my bed, "So you wouldn't mind if just took a look in your closet would you?" She asked before she got up and met my gaze.

The hairs stood up on the back of my neck, "Uh-No not at all." I stuttered.

Without any other word, she walked up to my closet door and opened it.

I tightly closed my eyes as I waited for my mother to yell. But to my surprise she didn't.

I slowly opened my eyes and there was no sign of Lauren in there. My mother huffed and closed the door, "Pues, I guess your right. I don't have anything to worry about."

I sighed in relief, "Thank god, for a second I thought you were going to ground me for changing."

She playfully rolled her eyes before she picked up my clothes from the floor and handed them to me, "Just try to fix your messy habits Mija. No se ve bonito."

"Will do mama." I simply replied before she half smiled and said, "Bueno, your grandma is here and very anxious to see you, so hurry up."

"Okay I'll be down in a few minutes."

She half smiled before she turned around and walked out of my room.

When she was gone, I got up, and locked the door. I then went over to my closet and opened it to find Lauren already dressed in everything she previously wore but her leather jacket.

My mouth dropped because I couldn't even begin to comprehend how she was able to disappear and reappear like that.

"How did you-"

"I hid behind the door." Lauren interrupted, "It's a classic tactic I used to use all the time."

"All the time?"

The Girl NextdoorOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara