Chapter Three: Day One in Paris

Damian POV: Tuesday, February 21st, 2024

"Master Damian, did you really have to bring all of your weapons with us." Pennyworth gives me a skeptical look, while picking up one of my katana's, "I think twenty katana's, ten blades, fifteen throwing knives, and all of the batarangs is a bit excessive, don't you?" 

"This isn't all of my weapons. I only brought the one's that I use the most." I grab the katana from his hold and place it back in the suitcase. 

Alfred shakes his head in exasperation, "Master Bruce said we will meet with Ladybug tonight. You should be ready to go by 9:00." With that he walks out of my room. 

Today was Tuesday, we used our private jet in order to make it to Paris covertly. Only two people know that the Bruce Wayne and his proteges are here, Mayor Bourgeois and his daughter, Chloe Bourgeois. We were currently staying at the hotel that the mayor owns. It's a small place compared to the manor. White walls, pink curtains and furniture. It was an interesting choice of colors, not common and far too bright for my liking but it would do for now. 

My room was at the top floor, which had a decent view. It was facing the Seine River, many tourists were taking boat tours, others were sitting on the outskirts of the river, eating food or simply relaxing. I can't get a proper vantage point from here. I can't see enough of the city. I would need a local to show me around. Someone who knows the ins and outs of this city. 

"Hey Little D, you ready for the tour?" Grayson barges into my room. I grab one of the throwing knives from my pocket and chuck it at him, smiling when I hear a hard thump, "Was that necessary?" 

Shrugging my shoulders in response, I turn to face Grayson and give him an annoyed look, "What tour?" I walk towards him to retrieve the small knife that was embedded in the wall next to his head. 

"The tour we signed up for to get the layout of the city." He looks at me as if I'm the idiot in the room. 

"Why didn't Pennyworth inform me of this?" I place the knife back in my pocket before glancing back up at him. 

"No idea, you need to change the boat leaves at 5:00," He glances down at his phone, "You've got about ten minutes." He says before attempting to back out of my room.

"Why do I need to change? What is the problem with what I'm wearing?" I look down at my clothing. It was what I would usually wear in Gotham, a gray turtleneck and black pants. The pants had special pockets to fit all the weapons I carry with me. 

"Damian, Damian, Damian," Grayson shakes his head in mock disappointment, "This isn't Gotham, you aren't the 'Ice Prince' here. We have to blend in with the tourists here, so go change into something more like what I'm wearing." He gestures to his blinding outfit. He had on a neon orange button up shirt with a white undershirt and gray shorts. 

I lift a brow in question, "You want me to dress like a dumbass?" 

Grayson scoffs in mock hurt, "I look fabulous, thank you. You don't have to wear exactly what I'm wearing. Just something similar. Add some color to your dull life." With that he walks out of my room. 

I go to my clothing suitcase and find the one shirt that has any color. A dark blue muscle shirt. I sigh and quickly change before leaving my room. I use the elevator to head to the lobby. 

I'm about to walk out the entrance doors whenever a high-pitched voice screams at me, "Dami-baby, wait up! Daddy said I can be your tour guide, so you don't have to go on those ridiculous, utterly ridiculous tourist tours." Bourgeois grabs onto my arm and attempts to drag me in the direction she wants me to go, "I'll introduce you to all the right people. You don't want to find yourself in a conversation with the baker's daughter. Ugh, she stole my Adrikins from me and got my new friend expelled. She's ridiculous, utterly ridiculous."