Chapter Sixteen: Two Days of Teleporting

Damian POV: Friday, April 3rd, 2024

Angel dropped the glass bottle in her hands, shattering as it hit the ground. Her legs gave out and she fell right into my arms, only to disappear in the next second. Leaving behind a residue of pink and purple sparkles. 

"Well, that'll be the realm glass." Superboy sighs.

Everyone splits up immediately, Nightwing and Red Hood take Rue Cremieux, Red Robin and Father take Avenue Montaigne, Whiskers and I take Avenue des Chaps-Elysees, Superboy takes off to check all of Europe. We also contacted Flash, Impulse, Kid Flash, and Superman.

Flash takes Asia and Australia, Impulse takes Africa, Kid Flash takes Antartica, and Superman takes North and South America. Oracle was also keeping watch of Angels vitals from Gotham. I put a device on her whenever I touched her shoulder earlier. We all keep in contact with the comms we have in our ears. 

As I was scaling the rooftops with Whiskers, I may have shoved him off a building or two. He may have found another girl he would like to court, but I know he still had some feelings toward my Angel. Just Angel. Not my Angel. 

Whiskers was fine, sadly whenever he was transformed his wounds heled immediately. I wonder if as he got older, that part of the powers stayed. I guess the only way to keep track of that was to keep putting him in harm's way. I enjoyed putting Whiskers in danger, it distracted me from the feelings that wandered inside me at the moment. 

"Anyone have eyes on Angel?" I ask through the comm in my ear. 

"I've got her in London." Superboy says. A ping sounds on my watch. A video of Angel pops up, the hologram appearing in 3D. 

I kept my gaze fixed on Angel, her form shimmering as she levitated in the air. It was a sight to behold, she looked at peace, even in the most precarious situations. Despite the seriousness of the situation, I couldn't help but find a hint of amusement in her involuntary motions.

"She's gone." Superboy says. 

"Impulse, any signs of trouble on your end?" I spoke into the earpiece, my voice steady but tinged with a hint of concern.

"Not yet, Robin," Impulse's voice crackled through the comms, filled with determination. "We're keeping a close watch, though."

I nodded, grateful for the reassurance. Angel's safety was paramount, and any sign of danger would require swift action.

Nightwing's voice chimed in next, his tone as calculated as ever. "Keep monitoring her vitals, Babs. We need to ensure she remains stable throughout this ordeal; we don't know what will happen if they drop or rise."

"Believe me I am glancing at the monitors every other second. I'm keeping track of her heartbeat. So far, so good. She's as steady as can be."  Even with the reassuring words worry gnawed at the edges of my mind. What if something went wrong? What if she ended up in a dangerous location? What if she never woke up and was stuck in the Mirror Realm forever?

Father's voice cut through my thoughts, sharp and commanding. "Continue to stay vigilant. We can't afford to let our guard down."

I nodded, a sense of determination settling over me. No matter what obstacles we faced, I would do whatever it took to keep Angel safe.

Red Hood's voice crackled through the mic next, a hint of concern underlying his words. "Keep an eye out for Pixie Pop, Demon Spawn. She could drop at any second."

I nodded in agreement, grateful for his watchful eye. Despite our differences, we all shared a common goal: protecting those we cared about. In this case, protecting Angel. Even though after this we would go back to fighting each other. 

Red Robin's voice followed, his tone calm and collected. "I'm running simulations to predict Angel's next teleportation point. It's not foolproof, but it should give us some insight into her trajectory." He must have gone back to Angel's house and hacked into her computer. 

I acknowledged his efforts with a nod, one he obviously can't see, though I am impressed by his ingenuity. Drake always had a knack for thinking outside the box, a trait that had saved us more times than I could count. Not that I would ever admit that to him.

As the hours stretched into days, fatigue threatened to weigh me down. But I pushed through, fueled by the knowledge that Angel's safety depended on me. She had yet to pop up in Paris, but she was seen in Hong Kong, Dallas, Kenya, Puebla, Kano, Dollarbeg, Gotham, and Kabul. 

Whisker's voice broke through the silence, a hint of concern lacing his words. "Damian, are you holding up, okay? You've been at this for two days. You haven't slept in two nights. I think you should take a break."

I paused for a moment, considering his question. Despite the exhaustion creeping in, I couldn't afford to show weakness. "I'm fine, Whiskers," I replied, my voice steady. "Just focused on the task at hand." On keeping Angel safe. I could go weeks without sleep if it meant she was safe in the end. 

And then, finally, after two days and nights of relentless monitoring, Angel's teleportation ceased. Relief washed over me like a tidal wave, the tension in my shoulders releasing all at once. Until I realized that she stopped levitating as well. She was in Paris, near the Eiffel Tower. She dropped from the air, falling headfirst towards the ground. 

"Kent! She's by the Eiffel tower! I can't make it in time!" I shout into the earpiece, even if I can't make it, I start running in that direction. 

"On it!" He shouts as a gust of wings flies by, then Angel is safely in Superboys arms. 

"She's stabilized," I reported, a hint of exhaustion and relief creeping into my voice. "No sign of any complications."

There was a collective sigh of relief from the others, their voices echoing through the mic. We had done it. Over the curse of two days, we had kept Angel safe. 

As the sun rose on a new day, I allowed myself a moment of peace. Superboy stops in front of me, and hands off Angels unconscious body to me. 

"Let's get you home, Angel." 

                                                                                      0000

I set Angel down on her bed. She can debrief with us tomorrow. For now, we all need rest. As I walk down her latter exhaustion hits me like truck, and I pass out on the pink chair in her room. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four birds, one bat: