Chapter Thirty-Four: Bad News

Damian POV: Saturday, May 2nd, 2024

She was not back yet. It was 3:30 am and she has yet to arrive at the manor. Something must be wrong. I was pacing my room, still in my Robin suit. I never changed out of it because I wanted to take Angel out in our hero forms. I wanted to show her my favorite spot in Gotham, but to do that I needed to be Robin. 

I give up on my pacing and head to the Bat-cave, I need to go out and find her, simply to make sure she was okay. I was just getting on my bike when Father stopped me.

"Damian..." He trails off.

"I am going out to find Marinette, Father. You cannot stop me."

"Who told you?" 

"Told me what?"

"That Marinette is missing?"

What the fuck? Angel was missing. I knew something was wrong I fucking knew it, "Nobody informed me of this. I was simply worried, so I wanted to check on her."

"Right. We know who took her."

"Who?" My voice was void of any emotion. But inside, my mind was filled with worry, fear, anger, vengeance, hatred, and loathing. 

"Joker took her, right from Harley and Ivy's house. The-"

"Why didn't they protect her?" 

"They did, Harley was nearly stabbed through the heart. She is currently in the ER-"

"I don't give a shit about Harley! I want to know where Angel is!"

"We are working on that-"

"No fuck that! I'll find her myself!" I start the motorcycle, twisting it away from where Father stands nearly in front of it, I accelerate out of the cave, surpassing many of the speed limits and not stopping for any of the stop signs. 

I drive through all of Gotham, then move onto Metropolis, by then the sun is shining above me, reminding me of the person I am looking for.

I had just told her I loved her. She was going to say it back, I know for a fact she was. We almost kissed. I was going to court her; we were going to be together. Why is it when something good happens there is always a negative that comes along and shadows the good thing, destroying the joy and hope that was once found in it. 

I would not rest until I found Angel. I will constantly be looking for her. I will kill anyone who gets in the way of me and her. 

I do not care about Father's rule anymore, I will kill anyone who tries to stop me. 

I will find my Malak, and I will protect her from anyone who tries to harm her every again. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know that it's switching nicknames, and I can change it back if yall tell me too. I've just seen it in other fanfics and I kinda like it, I think it's cute but tell me in the comments if I should just keep Angel. Also Sorry for such a short chapter! I want the next one to be pretty long cause it's gonna be gruesome, and sad. 'Trigger Warning Now' 'Violence in next chapter' 

 'Trigger Warning Now' 'Violence in next chapter'