Chapter Twelve: Divine

Adrian POV: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2024

I watched as Damian walked in with Marinette. She looked stunning. Her hair was down around her shoulders, her smile was brighter than a thousand suns. She lit up the room and didn't even know it, even if she did, she would never admit it out loud. 

I should be the one standing there with her! Walking in with the most beautiful girl in the room. The kindest heart I have ever met. Our everyday Ladybug. My Ladybug. M'lady. Mine. 

I was standing in the corner of the room, my 'date' was over by her boyfriend, filming the room as people danced around. Some people may say I was sulking. Okay, Plagg said I was sulking. Multiple times since I left my house. 

"Cat got your tongue?" A voice whispers in my ear, making me jump. 

"W-what?" I stutter, Marinette used to stutter a lot.

"Well, I've been trying to talk to you for the past minute. I even waved my hand in front of your face. You didn't budge, " The small girl in front of me gestures to where Marinette and Damian were currently standing, "You were practically murdering that dude with your eyes. Did he steal your girl or something?" 

I look down at the girl, she was about the same height as Marinette, possibly shorter. She had chocolate brown eyes, medium brown hair that was nearly as long as she was. She wore a midnight black dress. She was... cute. 

"No, we broke up. She-well- we just didn't work out in the end."

"Wanna dance? That would take your mind off her for a bit. This music is pretty good, considering the whole rich people party thing." She points to the 'dance floor'. 

"The DJ is actually my best friend."

"Really? That's pretty cool. He seems chill. Hey, you speak really good English for being from France. You don't even have an accent." 

"I learned two languages at my father's request. English and Chinese."

"Wow, Mr. Three Languages. I'm actually trying to learn French; my Spanish is much better though."

"Adrian."

"Huh?"

"My name is Adrian, Adrian Agreste."

"Well, Mr. Agreste, I am Elizabeth, Elizabeth Divine." She smiles up at me. She has a gap between her front teeth. Which only enhances her cuteness. 

"Divine?" I quirk a brow.

"Yeah, I know, it's weird but I love it." 

"I think it is Divine-ly fitting." I smirk at her.

"Was that a pun? Aww, that was terrible. Now come on let's go dance!" She drags me to the 'dance floor', and I see Alya move her camera to focus on me and Elizbeth. 

I smile at her, then look down at Elizabeth, I opened my mouth to say something when the song that I danced with Marinette at this very hotel, starts playing. I feel my smile dim, and my eyes glance back at Marinette, we loved this song. 

"Hey, what's with the frowny face? You look like you just saw a cat-tastrophe." Did she just do a cat pun. My head swivels to face her again. Shock evident on my face.

"Did you just say a cat pun?" 

"What can I say, I'm feline bold." She winks at me. Holy crap, does she know I'm Chat Noir?

"Sorry Ms. Divine, only one cat in this town can make the best puns." 

"Oh really?"

"Yeah, really."