Chapter Nine: College Francoise Dupont

Damian POV: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2024

As I exit my room in a gray turtleneck and black pants, I'm greeted by the sight of my two older 'brothers', Todd and Drake, waiting for me. Todd, always eager to provoke, smirks and says, "Well, well, if it isn't the Demon Spawn himself," a reminder of the less-than-friendly nickname he's bestowed upon me.

Ignoring Jason's taunt, I turn to Tim, who is hunched over four empty coffee cups, a testament to his caffeine addiction. He looks up from his phone and greets me with a tired smile, "Hey, Baby Bird," a nickname that has persisted despite my best efforts to rid myself of it.

Dick Grayson, the eldest and most infuriating of my brothers, joins us, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "Hey there, Little D," he says with a grin. "Ready for your first day of school?"

I shrug off his arm, my irritation mounting. "I'm perfectly capable of handling myself," I retort, my tone sharp. "I don't need your patronizing, Grayson."

I turn away from the annoying people who are bound to me by Fathers doing and take the elevator to the lobby. That is where I find Pennyworth waiting for me.

"Are you ready to leave, Master Damian?" 

I don't reply, instead I walk past him and into the limo waiting outside. Pennyworth drives me to where College Francoise Dupont awaits, a new battleground where I must navigate the treacherous waters of teenage angst and academic monotony. I exit the car and head walk up the two flights of stairs leading up to the school gates. 

Once I enter the school, I look for the classroom titled 'Mrs. Bustier'. It was on the second floor. I made my way up the stairs and entered the classroom, I take stock of my classmates, each one more infuriating than the last. I scan my eyes across the rows, starting with the ones farthest from the doors. 

Rose Lavillant, the sweetheart, always quick with a kind word but ultimately shallow. Juleka Couffaine, the shy one, who seems to prefer the company of her own thoughts to that of her classmates. 

Nathaniel Kurtzberg, the artist, lost in his own world of creativity, detached from reality. Marc Anciel, the writer, always with a pen in hand, ready to capture the world in his words.

Max Kante, the nerd, always buried in his latest invention, oblivious to the world around him. Le Chien Kim, the daredevil, always telling people dares, heedless of the consequences.

Ivan Bruel, the sweet rockstar, beloved by all for his gentle nature and musical talent.

Mylene Harprele, the worried activist, constantly fretting over the state of the world and constantly trying to change it. 

Sabrina Raincomprix, the follower, always trailing behind someone else, lacking the courage to lead. Zoe Lee, the actress, always putting on a show, never revealing her true self, not until recently. 

Nino Lahiffe, the DJ, whose music can be heard from miles away, a constant source of noise pollution.  

After I closed myself off in my room last night, I hacked into the school system and memorized everything that was necessary about the people around me. The last three in the class were ones I already knew before. Adrian Agreste, the orphaned model, Chat Noir, the boy who was 'head over heels' for Ladybug. 

I move my gaze back to the pair I missed, Alya Cesaire, the reporter and owner of the Ladyblog, always looking for a story, no matter how trivial. Each one a puzzle, a piece of the larger picture that is College Francoise Dupont. But amidst all this chaos, there's one person who stands out. One person who, against all odds, manages to capture my attention.