Chapter Four: A Day Off...Maybe

Marinette POV: Tuesday, February 21st, 2024

Today was Tuesday. What that meant I had no idea, but Alya kept insisting it was Tuesday. 

School had ended a couple of minutes ago and before I could leave the classroom, Alya linked her arm through mine, and led me to where Adrian and Nino were standing. 

Before we reached them, she whispered into my ear, "Today is Tuesday and officially Ladybug's Day Off." I open my mouth to retaliate, but she gives me her 'don't argue with me' look. We reach the boys and I wave at them awkwardly. Nino waves back, apparently completely used to well me, and Adrian leans in to kiss me on my cheek. I quickly dodge him, unlinking my arm with Alya's, and throw my hand out for a handshake. He looks at it for a second before shaking it.

"So, dudes, where to?" Nino walks up next to Alya, and grabs hold of her hand. 

"Hmm, I was thinking we could just soak up the sunlight by the Seine River." Alya says, looking up at Nino love radiating in her eyes. I know they haven't said the three special words to each other yet, but it's obvious they are head over heels for each other. 

"Yeah, that sounds like a good plan, I could do with not doing anything for a little while." I smile at the couple. 

Alya rolls her eyes at me, "Yeah little miss MDC. You are constantly locked in that room of yours doing commissions for all your special clients." She knew that wasn't all I was doing, but that's what I've been telling people who ask me where I go after school. They don't know that as soon as I get home, I get ready to patrol Paris. 

Adrian pipes into the conversation this time, "Yeah, how's that going Marinette?" 

"It's amazing! I think I've gotten pretty good; I even made this outfit!" I spin around in my dress. It was a white top dress that slowly faded into a light pink. I decided it was time for a change, so I slowly started to get out of my comfort zone in my outfits and hairstyles. I had my hair up in a ponytail that was tied together with a bow that matched the pink of my dress. 

Adrian's gaze softened, "It looks great Marinette. You always look great." He offers a soft smile that I return. I quickly break eye contact and get back to the topic on hand. 

"We should get going." I start walking. 

                                                                                            0000

Ten minutes later we arrived at the river, choosing to pick a nice spot along the edge. We all sat down, Adrian by Nino, Nino by Alya, and Alya by me. Once we were comfortable, we started an easy flow of conversation. I started to zone out when I noticed that we were just in time to see the tourist boats start to drawl people in. I did not like those things, they were scams! It made me ticked off to see people waste good money for a ten-minute tour of 'That is a road', 'That is a tree', and my all-time favorite, 'That is where they filmed Beauty and the Beast.' Everyone knows that they filmed Beauty and the Beast at Shepperton Studios. 

Well, now they like to use Chat Noir and I. Especially since this is the time we start patrol. Oh, cookie crumbs! I didn't tell Chat about me not being able to make it to patrol. I hope he isn't mad, well knowing him he'll just ask me silly questions until I finally tell him what I was up to. 

I still haven't decided if we should tell each other our identities yet, I talked to Alya about it, and she said I should do it. The only thing holding me back is Chat Blanc. I know that was whenever Monarch was around, but this time could end up far worse. I mean Chat Blanc nearly ended the world, imagine how much worse he would be if Hoaxer got to him. The thought sent a shiver down my spine.