Chapter Seven: Questions and Confrontation's

Damian POV: Tuesday, February 21st, 2024

"Eiffel Tower." Ladybug said before she swung off.

"You heard her. Let's go." Father said, using his grappling hook to swing him up onto the roof of the building. The rest followed suit, but not me. I waited a couple of seconds, making sure everyone was out of range enough to not have time to stop me from following the bug and cat.

I used my grappling hook to get onto the roof that Ladybug swung from, following their shadows as they moved quickly along the rooftops. They finally slowed down close to the Eiffel Tower. 

Ladybug spoke up first, talking about revealing their identities. Strange, they didn't already know each other's civilian forms? They worked so well together; some may say they are a couple inside and outside of the suit. For some reason that thought caused a strange feeling to flare in me. I did not like it one bit. 

Whiskers seemed overly excited. It was clear he loved her, which again brought back that strange feeling, but he didn't know her, he only knew a part of her. 

They continued speaking, Whiskers referring to us with idiotic descriptions, Ladybug mentioned our encounter and us knowing who she really is. I expected her to rat out our identities as well, but she stayed quit. Whiskers was ranting now, about me. He appeared jealous, odd. 

They finally decided to reveal themselves, which was perfect. Now I would know both of Paris' hero's identities. 

"Okay, we'll close our eyes and open on a count of three." A beaming light of green and pink shines before Dupain-Cheng and an oddly familiar blonde boy are left standing on the rooftop, facing each other. The blond boy is the boy from the Seine River, he was sitting with Dupain-Cheng. The one who has feelings for her. 

My fists tighten on their own accord. What is going on with me? I never acted like this, not even whenever I liked Raven. Wait, no. Do not compare whatever this is to Raven. She and I courted, Dupain-Cheng is just a hero, fashion designing, strong willed, kind, annoyingly stubborn, Parisian girl. I shake my head of the thoughts and once again focus on the scene in front of me. 

"One." Dupain-Cheng says her voice wobbling.

"Two." He says his voice barely above a whisper. 

"Three."  They say at the same time.

"Marinette!"

"Adrian!?"

Agreste? The model boy is Whiskers? That is certainly unexpected.

"Marinette I am so happy it's you! I wanted it to be you! I was always in love with Ladybug, but then I started falling for you!" He rushed to hug her, but she didn't return it. It appears that Dupain-Cheng does not reciprocate his feelings. For some reason that makes me smile. 

"A-Adrain. I didn't expect Chat Noir to be, well, uh- to be you." She nudges him away, slightly to look into his eyes, "I'm happy it is you though. You are one of my closest friends. Which is all we will be, from now on." She offers him a sad smile. He doesn't return it, instead he appears taken aback. 

"What do you mean? We started dating in our civilian forms! We are dating in our civilian forms! Did your feelings change because I'm Chat Noir? If that's it then-" I was about to jump out and put my katana to this cat's throat. I did not like hurting animals, but I would make an exception for this cat. 

"No!" Dupain-Cheng shouts, "It has nothing to do with you being Chat Noir and everything to do with why our suits changed! Something big happened, okay? Don't you realize where my suit is from? Who wore it before me?" She gestured to herself aggressively. Her cheeks were slightly red, her anger seeping into a blush.