Chapter Twenty-Four: Feelings

Damian POV: Sunday, April 19th, 2024

After a week away from Paris, I have unresolved feelings. Unresolved emotions that are the absolute worst. They are good and bad and everything in between. 

The good:

Love

Happiness

Carefree

Friendship

Everything I had felt when I was with Angel. 

The bad:

Regret

Anger

Shame

Denial

and the worst one yet, fear.

I have never felt fear. Not when I faced Slade when her killed Grandfather. Not when I rebelled against Father. Not when I saw my family's bodies floating. I only ever felt fear when I risked losing Angel.

I thought that the distance would dull my feelings. It had done the exact opposite. It made me miss her.

Which brings me to where I am now, standing in front of Father's office door. I knock. 

"Come in." I open the door, "Damian?"

"Hello Father." I stand in front of his desk, hands behind my back. The room was mostly gray, beside the windows providing light throughout the room. 

He sighs, "What did you do this time?" 

"Nothing. Yet. I have an inquiry." He gestures to the seat behind me, I sit down complying with his offer.

"What about?" 

"About Paris. About the events that occurred there and the people we met." 

He smirks at me, "You mean Marinette." 

I grit my teeth, "Yes."

"What about her?" 

"I do not know what to do. I have these feelings about her. Strong feelings." I look down at the floor.

"What feeling stands out the most?" 

"Regret." 

"Okay, now what is your question."

"How do I make the feelings stop? I will never see Angel again, so they need to leave." 

"Why do you call her that? Angel?"

"That's what she is. She is kind and considerate. She has far too much empathy for her own good. She is strong-willed and courageous. Very stubborn and always stands up for what is right." 

"You like her." He smirks again. 

"No Father, I love her. Which is the problem." 

"Love is never the problem, Kitten. It is merely a path to the future." Kyle moves in from the shadows. She walks over to Father and places her hands on his back, then leaning down to give him a kiss. 

"I did not ask for your opinion Kyle." 

"Damian." Father warns me, "She was proving input o-"

"Unwanted input. If I wished to talk with her than I would have gone to her office."

"Oh, sweet Kitten, you have it bad." She practically purrs like a cat.

"No shit. Now what do I do to stop it?" 

"You can't, Kitten. Love isn't something that will simply disappear overnight. It will always be with you, even if you don't want it to. You can either confront it or ignore it, but you can't get rid of it." 

"What do you mean by confront it? I will never see her again, Kyle. I cannot simply walk over to her bakery and say what I need to." 

"Damian, you do realize we have a private jet you could take to Paris, right?" Father gives me a look as if I was the moron. I may have forgotten about the jet, but I was no moron.

"Or you could talk with her next week, when she and her class arrive in Gotham." Kyle inspects her nails, acting normal as if she didn't just say the most bizarre thing ever.

Angel was coming here? To Gotham? The City of Crime? What. The. Hell. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is a very confused and confusing boy that one. We love him anyway.