Chapter Thirty-Three: Dinner With Villains

Marinette POV: Friday, May 1st, 2024

I stared out the window, my mind reeling with the conversation Damian, and I had moments ago.

"I love you Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And I hope that after all of my idiotic actions and unforgiving words, you love me too." 

He said it and he meant it. His eyes held no lies, and his heart was racing just as fast as mine. I could feel it beating against me when he grabbed me and pulled me close to him. I almost kissed him! I almost said, 'I love you, too' and then I was going to kiss him. 

That was until Selina interrupted us and forced me back to reality. The reality of 'oh crap I have a dinner to get to and when I say the words that will change both of our lives, I want to take time and actually feel the love' that reality. 

"So, Mittens, that confrontation between you and Kitten seemed a little tense." She smirked. Aww she called Dami Mittens? That was too cute. 

 I sighed softly, feeling a flush of embarrassment creep up my cheeks. I knew she knew that I had feelings for Dami, maybe she knew he had feelings for me. I am pretty sure she knows that Dami and I were not fighting earlier, maybe we were bickering in the beginning, but we were not fighting. 

"Yeah, just the normal stuff." I mutter under my breath, hoping that will sweep things under the rug for now. But of course, this is Selina Kyle we are talking about, the curious cat. 

"I'm sure you two almost making out in the doorway of your bedroom is very normal." She teases me. My cheeks flush, and weird strangled noises leave my mouth, but I don't reply. 

I remain silent as Selina navigates the streets, her playful banter continuing until we arrive at an apartment complex. Stepping out of the car, I took a deep breath, mentally preparing myself for whatever awaited us inside.

A woman with ruby red hair greets us at the door, "Oh, Selina, this must be Mittens, I'm Pamela, you can just call me Pam." She holds her hand out for me to take. This woman is beautiful she has forest green eyes, porcelain skin, and of course her ruby red hair that flows flawlessly down her back. 

"Marinette." I smile and shake her hand. When our hands touch a warm and uncomfortable sensations rolls up my arm. I quickly drop her hand look at my arm in confusion.

"My, my, my Marigold, you are one strong meta-human." She looks at her hand in awe.

I stare at her confused, I open my mouth to ask her what she means when a voice comes from inside, "Red! Is that Kitty? Get her in here! The take-outs getting cold!" 

Pam opens the door wider, allowing for Selina and I to walk in. As soon as I step into the apartment my nose is hit with the smell of plants. It smells good but also like a little much. I take a quick glance around, there are at least thirty plants in the living room. 

My eyes find the dining room where a girl with blonde hair sits. She's really pretty, just like her roommate. Her blonde hair is in pigtails, one side with the ends dyed red, the other side with the ends dyed blue. She has light-blue eyes that seem kind of freaky against her nearly white skin. 

"Ya must be Marinette! Harley Quinn at ya service! Your tha Ladybug hero-lady from Paris, ain't ya? You're so adorable I could just feed you to Brucey." She points to the corner of the dining room where a very large hyena is munching on a bone of some kind, "Isn't he the sweetest looking creature around! Yes, you are! Ay! Come sit down Bugette!" She anxiously taps at the seat next to her, only stopping once I'm in it. 

"Let's eat fast so we can get the real fun started." Selina smirks. 

"Real fun?" I ask curious about what she means.