Chapter Fourteen: The Final Ingredient

Damian POV: Thursday, February 23rd, 2024

As soon as classes were over, I walked with Angel back to her bakery. Cesaire and Lahiffe wished to come along with us, but Angel said she needed to speak with me in private. Agreste was focused on something else, he yelled 'goodbye' then ran into his limo. Maybe it was the short girl. 

"Hey Dami, I'm still stuck on what ethereal pepper is. Do you mind helping me do some research?" She asks once we reach her room.

"Of course I will help you research ethereal pepper. What exactly are these ingredients for?" I walk over to her desk and sit down in front of her computer. 

"I want to talk to Shadybug, I can't exactly do that when she's combined into my being. Tikki said that there was a way to speak with her, but I needed these ingredients." She hands me a piece of paper containing the list of ingredients.

- Stardust Flour: mixture of sugar and butter

- Moondust Honey: honey made from and elderly bee

- Whispering Salt: crushed up diamonds

- Enigma Berries: lightest/palest blackberries

- Ethereal Pepper

- Sapphire Saffron Threads: blue jellyfish tentacle

"Where do we get the information on ethereal salt?" I spin the chair to face her.

She gives me an awkward smile, "I was hoping you would know." 

"Can I use your computer." 

"Yeah." She walks over to an old looking book with a weird symbol on it. Tikki floats beside her and looks down at the book sadly.

"What is that?" I point to the book.

"This is a book about all the miraculous, it also holds the recipes for my suit powerups. This is where I found most of the answers for the ingredients." 

"Where did you get it?" 

"My mentor, Master Fu, passed it onto me whenever he gave me the role as Guardian of the Miraculous."

I don't say anything and sign into Angel's computer with my account. We spend an hour researching, Angel reads her book, and I hack into many research areas, hidden sites, and restricted websites. I finally find something on Copilot.

"Angel I've got something." 

She jumps up from her spot on the floor, tripping over herself multiple times, "You did! Oh my gosh! This is great! Now all we have to do is buy all the ingredients!" 

"It says its broken realm glass."  read the screen.

"Broken realm glass? That doesn't exist here." She groans and throws herself onto her chair.

"I know who can get it." 

"Who?" 

"The new Superboy." 

"Again, you are a life saver Dami!" She hugs me for the second time today. It was different and unusual, but I liked it, "Okay, I'll order everything else, and you get in contact with Superboy to get that last ingredient." She kisses me on the cheek then grabs my hand and runs me to the front door, practically pushing me out, "Bye Dami! Tell me what your friend says!" 

"Farewell Angel. Sweet dreams."

                                                                                         0000

Once I reach the hotel I call 'Superboy' also known as Jonathan Kent. 

"Hey, Damian." He answers on the second ring.

"Kent."

"Why are you calling me at 2:00 in the morning?" It was only 8:00 at night here. 

"I need a favor."

A dramatic gasp comes from his side of the phone, "Is the Damian Wayne asking for help?" 

"No, I have a friend, she is the one asking for your help." I correct him.

"You got yourself a girlfriend? Three days in Paris and you got whipped!" He screams through the phone. 

"Angel and I are not dating." 

"Angel, huh?" 

"I need you to get me broken realm glass."

"Are you serious?" He whispers. 

"Yes."

"That stuff is like super dark, what does 'Angel' plan on doing with it?"

"Her name is Marinette, only I call her Angel. She needs to speak with someone who is combined into her being."

"Okay then, I can get it to you in two days."

"Thank you, Kent." 

"Did you just say tha-" I hand up on him before he continues speaking. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short chapter! I have to wake up really early tomorrow morning and I was falling asleep while writing this!

Anyways look at these BESTIES! Damian can't deny that they are friends forever!