Chapter Twenty-Seven: Introductions

Marinette POV: Friday, April 24th, 2024

"Since you have already met my boyfriend and most of my brothers, it's time you meet the rest of us." Steph says as she walks me over to a group of three people. Steph was beautiful. She had shoulder length blond hair that had kind of a beach wave to it. Her eyes were a stunning light blue that contrasted well with her pale skin. She was the average American girl. 

"I'm assuming you're dating Jason?"

"Well duh! Have you seen him!" She fans herself dramatically, I met her all of three seconds ago and she was already my friend.

As we walked closer to the group, they all tuned towards us. Two girls and one boy. The boy was cute, he had dark mocha skin, pitch black hair, and brown almost hazel eyes. The girl in the wheelchair was just as beautiful as Steph was with fiery red hair, emerald green eyes, small splashes of freckles here and there, and a porcelain complexion. The other girl was unique, more regal than pretty, she had small scars in her face, her black hair was in a choppy bob, overgrown bangs fell just above her eyes, she had brown almond eyes, and tanned skin.

"Marinette, this is the rest of the family. Rest of the family, this I is Marinette."

"Hi." I wave awkwardly.

The girl in the wheelchair rolls up to me and holds out her hand, "Barbara, but everyone calls me Babs."

The cute boy walks up next, "Duke." I shake his hand.

The other girl walks up and holds out her hand, I shake it, she nods and walks away. I stare at her retreating form in confusion.

"Don't fret on it. She's slightly embarrassed. She's mute so she can't tell you, her name. And she isn't exactly used to knew people, so don't take it to heart. That's Cassandra but we just call her Cass."

"She has a beautiful name."

"Yeah. Oh! You're coming home with us, right? So, you can get our measurements for the dresses? Will that take long? I don't think it will. Maybe it will. Hopefully it won't. But then you'd have to leave so maybe it should take long. Or, or, or you could totally stay the night with us, and we could have a sleepover and-" Steph was jumping up and down, as if her excitement controlled all her movements.

"Steph! Slow down! You're going to make the poor gurl combust." Babs said, she seemed like the mother of the group. She probably has to say something like that Steph on many occasions, I guess it must be tiring.

"Although maybe it would be a good idea for Pixie here to spend the night. That would most definitely piss of Demon Spawn. Good idea Steph!" Jason puts an arm around her shoulders and tugs her in close. Aww they look so cute together. 

"Yes! She can stay in my room! No, we could do a real sleepover where we all sleep on the floor in the living room! Or, or! We can make a fort and sleep in that!" Steph continues with her ideas as Jason walks her away.

"In case you haven't figured it out, she likes you." Duke whispers in my ear.

"You sure? I don't think I got that feeling from her." I turn and smile at him. 

"Believe me if she didn't like you, she would tell you. She tells Damian everyday how much she dislikes him. Even when he was in Paris with you, she would call him just to say, 'I hate you' then hang up." 

I gasp and giggle, "No way! I cannot imagine Little Miss Sunshine over there to be so hateful." 

"She can be a pain if she wants to be."

Babs clears her throat, "The car is waiting outside for us, the sooner we get home and get the measurements, the sooner we can have some fun." She smiles, a mischievous glint in her eye. 

                                                                                              0000

We were playing Uno on the living room floor. Steph had five cards, Duke had ten, Babs had twelve, Selina had three, Bruce had two, Jason had twenty, Cass had four, Tim was passed out on the floor, and I had one. The game was intense, everyone wanting to win. Including me. 

The card I had was a draw four, the color of the deck is green. I am so going to win. 

Well, I thought was going to win, instead we played the skip game. Jason, Steph, and Selina skipped Babs, Duke's and my turn until eventually one of them won. It was a goo strategy but completely unfair. 

"I demand a re-match!" Duke yells across the floor. 

"Actually, it's already 10:00. I gave you three," He points at Steph, Duke, and Cass, " the night off of patrol to attend to Ms. Marinette, but the rest of us still have a job to do." 

Suddenly the realization that I didn't tell Mrs. Bustier where I was hit, crap. 

"I need to call and tell my teacher where I'm at before she worries too much."

"I already told her you are with us, Mittens." Selina purrs. 

"Thank you." I smile at her.

"Anything for a future family member." She saunters off with a sway of her hips.

Did she think Damian and I were together? We barely spoke all of a couple of sentences since I've been here. Maybe it was just Jason being Jason and exaggerating my interactions with Damian in Paris. 

What we had was nothing. At least to him.

We stayed up a bit longer, we made a fort, baked some cookies, burnt said cookies, played sword fighting with real swords, and I learned a couple of signs in ASL. I wanted to get better at it so I could understand Cass like the others do. 

It was now 3:00 am, everyone in the house was asleep. Including the ones that went on patrol. Everyone except me. 

My throat was slightly dry, so I got up to get a drink of water. I was putting my class in the sink when I saw him

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys that I didn't post yesterday!! I will post double tomorrow! I promise! I just passed out dead asleep yesterday and today I need to get some decent rest cause I have a test to do. Anyways, I always thought this was so cute and if someone made it into a book already y'all let me know! 

 Anyways, I always thought this was so cute and if someone made it into a book already y'all let me know!