Chapter Twenty: Lost Kitten's

Damian POV: Friday, April 10th, 2024

Hoaxer has yet to make an appearance since the night of the banquet. It is extremely unsettling. It has me more on edge than usual. I inspect every nook and shaded area far more suspiciously. My attitude towards people was much more bitter. As my brothers would say, "Who the hell shoved that stick farther up your ass?" 

I was walking towards Angel's at 5:00 in the morning. I couldn't sleep all night; I figured Angel was not asleep either. The alleys were dark, except one. A dull light shown in the dark morning. I walk towards it, trailing away from my main path.

In the alley sat a cardboard box. A moving cardboard box. I grab a dagger from my pocket, slowly walking towards the box. This could be a trick. Hoaxer could have given one of her victims the ability to shapeshift, so it can lure in unsuspecting imbeciles. I was not unsuspecting, nor was I an imbecile. 

The box made a familiar sound. A sound that Alfred the cat frequently made when he was displeased, which he was always displeased. I open the box with my dagger, instantly four furry creatures jump out at me. I dodge three of them and catch one. He was a coco brown and very fluffy. 

"What are you doing out here in a cardboard box?" I murmur to the coco kitten. My only response being a soft purr. 

The three other kittens sit by my feet, looking up at me, pleading to be taken care of. I suppose Alfred the cat needs more feline friends. Bat-cow and Titus are not the most pristine of creatures, especially not compared to cats. 

"Look, cat, I am going to take you to my hotel room. I will take all of you, but I must put you back inside the box." The kittens do not move or run away from me when I put them back in the box they were trapped in before. 

I begin my walk back to my hotel; I list the things that I will need to buy for the kittens. 

1. Cat food

2. Food and water bowls

3. Temporary beds

4. A litter box

5. Litter

6. Toys

7. Soap

8. Scrubs

9. Fur brush

10. Temporary scratch post

11. Blankets

12. Toothbrush and toothpaste

Sadly, the pet store was not open yet. I would have to get the supplies later. 

I reach the hotel in ten minutes, walking in with my box of kittens. I almost make it through the lobby, but the desk worker stops me.

"Excuse me, Sir. We do not allow pets." He says, pointing to the box in my hands.

"Now you do." I turn back around and begin walking towards the elevators and press the call button. I hear an intake of breath, the kid was going to repeat what he said, "If you attempt to stop me from going up to my room again, I will torture and kill everyone that you love, leaving you alone, orphaned, and forgotten." The elevator doors open beside me, I step in and press the button for my floor. Before the doors close, I catch a glimpse of the now pale desk worker who stares at me in shock. I was nice to him; he was the one who tried to take away my kittens. 

"When we reach my room, you must not touch my stuff. I will bring some of Drakes and Todds clothing for you to urinate and spread your feces on." The elevator dings, announcing we have reached our floor. 

Once we reach my room, I set the box down and bring each kitten out one at a time. I need to name them now. Four cats who look nothing alike. They each stare up at me, their multi-color eyes staring deep into my soul. 

The one I caught was fully brown with honey eyes. His name will be Goliath, after my former bat-dragon mixed pet that passed away last year.

The second one was a black, brown and white cat, with dark brown eyes. His name will be Killian, he has a vicious glint in his eye. 

The next one was all white with medium green eyes. Her name will be Snowball, she looks like a snowball.

The last one is all black with bright blue eyes. Her name is Gem, she reminds me of Angel. 

Now that the naming was done for, I needed to locate a pet shop. I could miss school today. It is not like I don't know what we are learning. 

                                                                                           0000

I bought everything I needed for my kittens. It was already arranged in my room. Beside my bed, lay theirs. In the bathroom was their litter box. Their food and water bowls were on my desk in the far-right corner. Their scratching post was on the other side of my bed. I had all of their cat food in the miniature fridge that the hotel provided. 

Now, I was lying in bed starring at the ceiling. I allowed my mind to wander to Angel. I liked her, I have come to terms with that, I wanted to act on those terms, but I will not. She was safer that way, safe from me. 

The kittens were lying with me as well, Killian and Goliath on my left side. Snowball on my right side. Gem was lying on my stomach. Their warmth comforted me. It was calming, and relaxing.

A knock sounded on my door, "Hey Dami! You okay in there? You missed school today, and I don't have your phone number so I couldn't exactly call or text you. I thought I would drop by and see how you were. We should totally exchange numbers, so I don't come over and do this again. You're probably sick or something and-" As she rambles, I pick the kittens up and place them in their beds. Each bed matches their collar color. 

Goliath has green, Killian has red, Snowball has pink, and Gem has blue. 

I open the door revealing Angel who is aggressively gesturing with her hands, "I am not sick Angel. I was simply busy." I invite her into my room. She walks in and squeals. 

"Dami! You have four adorable kittens? Where did you get them?! Is this why you were gone today?" She was jumping up and down like she was on a sugar rush.

"Yes, they were the reason I did not attend school today. I found them in an alley on the way to your bakery." I sit down on the edge of my bed; she comes and joins me. 

"An alley? Thats so sad." She pouts.

"Yes. They are fine, now."

"Did you name them?" 

"Of course I named them. The one in the green bed is Goliath, the red is Killian, the pink is Snowball, and the blue is Gem." 

"Aww Dami! You are such a softie at heart!" 

I roll my eyes. I had two soft spots. Animals and Angels.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damian and Jon are the perfect description of Golden retriever and Black cat