Chapter Nineteen: Catch Up and Patrol

Marinette POV: Monday, April 6th, 2024

"What was with Damian today? He was so rude for no reason." Alya comments on our way up the steps to my room.

"Yeah, he thought he was protecting a mini secret I was trying to keep from my parents and the class and literally everyone."

"We will get back to that secret in a second but in the meantime. You and Damian huh?" Alya wiggles her eyebrows at me. I quickly shut my door and drag her to the pink chair. 

"I have so much to tell you, Alya!" Tikki sits down on my desk and munches on the cookies we stole from downstairs. 

"Spill, girl!" Alya shakes me.

"Okay, okay!" I giggle, "This is a long story so get comfy." 

She adjusts her position and gets nice and comfortable; she nods her head in a 'continue' motion.

I clear my throat before starting, "So about a week ago I told Tikki about the slight, tiny, mini, huge, crush I have on Dami." She squeals, "I asked her if the whole worlds colliding had something to do with me not liking Adrian anymore. She explained to me that Adrian and I were meant to be in the universe before the whole collide thing. But after the whole thing Adrian and I just don't click anymore. Tikki thinks that Shadybugs universe collided with ours in order to dull my feeling for Adrian, and that Dami's universe collided with ours to bring us together. He kinda heard the entire conversation and admitted he had feelings for me too." 

"So, you guys are together?" Alya smiles like the Cheshire Cat. 

"Uhhh no." I point finger guns at her. Why? I have no idea. 

"No!? You guys like each other! He's leaving soon!" He was leaving as soon as we defeated Hoaxer. I wanted that to be soon, I really did. But then Dami would leave. That was something I didn't want. 

"Alya we barely know each other. He's been here for a couple weeks at most. I'm not doing the whole 'I love you' thing again. I got to know Adrian for a day, and I fell head over heels for him to the point where I stalked him, and after that I couldn't even speak to him properly. I don't want that for me and Dami, I want to take my time."

"Girl, Nino and I knew each other for maybe a month before we got together, and I didn't even like him at the time." She rubs my shoulder.

"There's more to it than that, but it isn't my story to tell. Let's just get off of the Dami topic, we have three hours before we need to meet with the Bat Fam." I brush a hair behind my ear. Maybe she was right. Maybe I should ask Damian out. Maybe...

"Fine, but we will come back to this." 

"After that whole commotion I started wondering about Shadybug. I don't know why but she was just there in my mind. Tikki said I could contact her, but it required specific ingredients. That was what I was doing last week, getting the ingredients. Dami actually asked Jon Kent for one of the ingredients." 

Alya gasps, "The Jon Kent. Like Loise and Clark Kent. The greatest reporters of all time! That Jonathan Kent!" 

I giggle, I knew she would love that part of the story, "Yes. I think he's still here, maybe he went back over the weekend."

"I hate you for not telling me this sooner! I could have met my idol's son!" She grabs a pillow from behind her and smacks me in the face with it, "Why didn't you tell me over the weekend?"

"That's the next part of the story. I got all of the ingredients and made a drink that may have put me to a subconscious sleep for the weekend. Before you say anything! Let me fully explain. The only way I could get in contact with Shadybug was by going to the Mirror Realm, which was why I needed the ingredients I mentioned before. Tikki blended them up and I drank it. The drink had slight side effects because of one of the ingredients, so I spent my weekend subconsciously teleporting around the world."