Chapter Ten: Explanations and Agreements

Marinette POV: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2024

"Tikki, do you think that the worlds colliding might have something to do with me not liking Adrian anymore?"  I ask Tikki, as I finish up the last stitching on my dress.

"What do you mean Marinette?" Tikki says through a mouthful of cookie.

I pause and glance at her, "I-I don't know Tikki. You know how much I loved Adrian; I mean we finally just started dating! Then he lost his dad and Hoaxer came along... We were fine, fine until the past four days. My feelings just vanished slowly, well maybe not exactly slowly." I pick up the dress and hold it against my body, "I know for a fact that Shadybug didn't like Adrian, or Claw Noir. So, maybe that has something to do with it. Then with the other world, and Damian."

Tikki perks up at the name, "What about Damian."

I set the dress down, and head to my closet to look for shoes to match, "Ummm, well- I uh-IThinkIMightHaveACrushOnHim."

"What? Can you say that a little slower, I didn't quit hear it. I know I've been alive for a long time, but I have yet to master the art of gibberish."

"I. Might. Have. A. Crush. On. Damian."

"You have a crush on who?!" Tikki screams at me, flying up to my face, "Marinette, maybe this is why the three universes collided! You and him were meant to be! This is so exciting! Master Fu thought he had it right with you and Adrian but at the time the DC universe didn't exist! Marinette, the bigger plans are so obvious now." Tikki grabs on my shirt, tugging me towards the sofa-chair by my desk, "I never told you about the universe that collided with ours. In that universe the Ladybug and Chat Noir hated each other, just like Shadybug and Claw Noir did, only far worse. They're universe was destroyed. Only few people remaining. In that time, Chat Noirs persona changed much more than Ladybugs, which ended up providing more balance. It was quite weird but she calmed him down, and since the worlds collided the stronger one won. Funny thing is, that universe was the one who brought the American heroes to us." 

"So, you're telling me that all three of our universes collided so I could end up with someone that would better balance out all three worlds?" I face plant into the sofa.  

"Yes! We needed Shadybug's world to make you lose feeling for Adrian, then the DC world in order for you to meet Damian!" A knock sounds on my door, making me and Tikki jump and slowly move our heads towards the small space.

"Hide Tikki." I whisper.

"Come up!" I yell at the unknown person. I get up and walk over to the table, it would look weird for me to just be sitting there. 

"Angel." Damian says in greeting.

Holy crap. I really hope he didn't hear what we were just talking about.

"I heard everything you and Tikki just said, right from the point of, 'You have a crush on who?!'"  Tikki pops out from her hiding spot and giggles uncontrollably. 

Me on the other and. I am completely mortified. Kill. Me. No, it's okay I'll do it. I'll jump off the freaking Eiffel Tower.

"Well, uh-I guess I wouldn't have to explain that part to you then." I tuck a hair behind my ear. 

"That final revelation finally connected everything for me. I did not understand why, after two days of knowing you, I had such strong feelings towards you. I despise other people and barely tolerate my brothers, yet being around you was not terrible." He smiled slightly. Smiled. It was cute.

"Well, hanging out with you the past two days wasn't terrible either." I playfully push him. He doesn't budge, not even an inch. He does glare at me though, not a real glare, more of a playful one.