Chapter Twenty-One: Hoaxer

Marinette POV: Saturday, April 11th, 2024

I was sitting in Dami's room petting Gem's head. Out of all the kitty's she was my favorite. My mind was somewhat at ease with her. Like she had super calming powers or something. Dami was taking a nap on the bed. 

He looked so adorable. It sounds weird but it feels nice that he is so comfortable with me to sleep while I'm in the room. Knowing a little about his past brought me into the fact that the only reason he doesn't like people is because he's scared to get too close to someone, then one day snap and hurt them. It's sad really, but kinda sweet. 

Now I'm observing Dami and the way his hair stayed perfect even while he was asleep. Lucky sucky. His skin shines in the sun. A sun that is quickly fading away. I snap my head towards the window. No, no, no, no, no, no. Why did Hoaxer have to attack now? Ugh! 

The room was nearly completely black, the only thing lighting the room was the Hoaxer alert flashing and announcing that there was a Hoax out there, you need to get to safety. I get up from where I was sitting when a flash of red lightning zooms across the sky. It startles me and a mini peep of a scream leaves me. 

Dami shoots up from his bed. He looks around, confused as to what is going on, "Hey, Angel." Awww he has that sleepy guy voice, no snap out of it.

"Hey, Dami. We gotta suit up and-" A child's laughter echos through my mind. I freeze instantly, connecting the dots immediately. Lack of sunlight. Red lighting. Creepy laughter. My eyes start to water, and I look at Dami. This was exactly how Pinky Promise started tormenting us, how she started her threat. This is the day that we either catch Hoaxer, or we all die. 

"You need to suit up fast. Prepare for the worst." I look away from him, letting a tear slide down my cheek, "Spots on." I whisper. 

As soon as I finished my transformation, I jump out the window, and use my yo-yo to reach the place that I dreaded to go to most. The place where I would find my closest friends dead. 

Place des Vosges Park. 

The ice-cold wind around me stains my cheeks a rose pink. My body moves in a robotic motion as I make my way towards the park. I know what awaits me. At least I know the sights I will see. I don't know what else to expect. Who else will be there. Whether or not the Bat's will be there. 

I can only hope that this battle will end swiftly. 

                                                                                                  0000

I arrive at the park two minutes later. I land right at the entrance gate, and slowly open it, the metal creaking by the motion. I walk towards the fountain in the middle. My steps slow and quiet. Maybe if I don't make a sound then nothing bad will happen. It was a stupid thought, but it comforted me. 

The fountain came into sight. In front of the fountain was Hoaxer. Her face was luminated by the glowing sigil that framed her face, announcing that she had indeed Hoaxed someone, and she was in contact with whoever it was. She wore a black turtleneck shirt, dark purple pants, light purple butterflies on both pieces of clothing. A dark purple suit jacket sat next to her. 

"Well, well, well, look what the bug dragged in." She wasn't looking at me, she was looking over my shoulder. At someone behind me. She didn't even seem to know I was there.

"Is that the only thing that came to mind? You are just as retarded as the rest of the villains. You are as ugly as the rest of them too, yikes." It was Red Hood. At least he was still alive. He walked up right beside me and place a hand on my arm. He turned me to face him.