Chapter Thirteen: Riddles and Ingredients

Marinette POV: Wednesday, February 22nd, 2024

That was a strange Hoax. We didn't even have to fight. Well, Chat Noir had to dodge a couple falling anvils, but it could have been much worse. I didn't even use my miraculous cure; nothing was broken, and the anvils vanished whenever Father May I was un-hoaxed. 

Though his daughter was something else. She reminded me of Alya, she has that brave and honest spirit. She was shorter than me, which was kind of a relief, I could finally be taller than someone other than my mom. I giggle at the thought.

Chat Noir seemed pretty into her, not only while saving her but also at the party. I'm happy for him, maybe she is the one meant for him in this new world. Just like Dami and I, as Tikki said anyways. I mean, it's only been two days, three tomorrow, you cannot fall in love with someone in a span of two days. I don't even know his favorite color yet! And favorite colors really showed who you are on the inside.

"That was quick, Angel." Dami says as I enter his room through his window. He allowed me to transform in his room, but it took us a minute to get up here since everyone was running and screaming about the Hoax. 

"Yeah, well his daughter yelled at him until he returned to normal, so that was fun." I quickly de-transform and give a cookie to Tikki, I grabbed a couple while we were by the snack tables. 

"Agreste will have fun attempting to keep up with her." Dami gets up from where he was laying on the bed. 

"You noticed that too, huh? Barely twenty minutes together and they already are made for each other." I giggle slightly, causing him to smile and chuckle. 

"Do you think what Tikki said for us applies to them as well?" 

"Mhmmm-yeah-it-does!" Tikki says in between bites of her cookie.

"Well, it's getting pretty late. I better head back home." I grab my bag that I placed on his shelf by the window, and nod my head for Tikki to get in.

"It's only 10:30, you still have thirty minutes before you must be home." He grabs onto my wrist, tugging my closer to him. 

"Well, seeing as the party is over, what do you suggest we do in those thirty minutes?" I cross my arms, he smirks at me.

                                                                                                      0000

We played twenty questions. I finally figured out his favorite color! It was blue! Not just any blue, but cobalt blue. Cobalt was a medium blue, generally used to pair with something that is black and white. It's supposed to be a balance for the light and darks. Dami comes from a dark past, and some of the things he does still reflects his origins, but he's good now. At least he tries to be, which is all that matters.

He asked me much more personal questions than I did him, it didn't bother me though. He asked about how I grew up here. When I became ladybug. How I defeated Monarch. Stuff like that. I just stuck to the simple ones like favorite food, favorite person, least favorite place. The easy stuff.

Now I was back at my house, laying down on my bed. I let my wander, looking into all the 'what if's'. What if Ladybug could fly? What if I wasn't meant to be with Dami and this was all just a dream because I'm in a coma and I could be on the brink of death? What if Chat Noir and that Elizabeth girl get their happily ever after? What if I could talk with Shadybug?

That last one stuck out, it nagged at me for a solid minute before I gave in and asked the question out loud, "Tikki, is there a way for me to communicate with Shadybug?"