Chapter 29: A Rotten Temple Who Backfires On You

***WARNING: This chapter contains foul language and violence.

***Alright Now Continuation Of Chapter 29...

-A few minutes ago-

"We have remained loyal to the temple and the Duke the least you can do is give us an explanation why we have been detained without an explanation" (Cardinal Valentino, said)

A twenty-year-old knight with black hair and black eyes tried saying it politely but his patience was irritating when speaking to Sir Torro who was the head of the Knights team that were not letting them go.

"If you're going to keep saying that we had something to do with the Duchess and the Duke's aid kidnap without proof then we no longer want to listen to it "(Cardinal Valentino, said)

'Smirk'

Sir Torro's lips raised in amusement.

"If you think we simply came for that reason then I'm afraid you're wrong Cardinal Valentino" (Torro, said)

'Halt'

Cardinal Valention's body halted and the facial expression that he had tried to hold was breaking apart.

His angry face began to show as if he was offended making the Pope step up.

"Sir Torro I understand where the Duke is coming from but isn't it correct to let us know of all the situation? There is no way we are allowed to leave under your supervision" (Pope Frock, said)

A fifty-nine-year-old man spoke with respect.

'Frown'

Sir Torro frowned at his words.

"Everything that you say, it's hard to believe" (Torro, said)

"When I asked to bring in that priest you strictly refused as if you were purposely hiding him" (Torro, said)

"Maybe by now he escaped lying that he's been in the sacred room" (Torro, said)

A room that no one could be allowed to enter.

"We've already explained to you Sir Torro we cannot do anything about it if Archbishop Macall sent him to the sacred room until he's done, we cannot break our god's vows" (Pope Frock, said)

He continued to respond politely without any disrespect.

"..." (Torro, said)

'Close'

He closed his eyes as to think.

'This temple is so rotten, I'd assume that everyone was but the reports of their crimes came and both Pope Frock and Cardinal Valentino had committed no crime' (Torro's inner thoughts)

'Besides, as I hate to admit it both are only the few that had not betrayed still...there something to take out that priest I'm sure of it' (Torro's inner thoughts)

'Open'

'Neigh, Neigh'

Knight Torro was about to open his mouth to say something else however halted at the sound of the carriage sled and the horses coming to a halt.

'Turn'

Sir Torro, Pope Frock, Cardinal Valentino, and some good servers nearby turned to look at the first sled carriage that had arrived.

It was clear whose family it belonged to since it had the Reynolds Duchy family crest however it was a strange carriage.

Compared to the regular wheels it appeared to have a different structure that allowed it to move along with the snow.