Chapter 4 Pursuit of-WHAT?

//Eren POV//

Eren woke up by someone moving in his arms. He open his eyes to see that it was Annie who was still sleeping in his arms. She had her eyes closed and smiling; he couldn't help but watch her sleep.

30 minutes past until she finally woke up and smiles as she noticed he was already awake.

"Morning." Annie yawned as she kissed his lips and looked at his eyes.

"Annie...I think sex last night was illegal in Texas." Eren joked.

"What! Oh my god!" Annie started to laugh, the laughter Eren loved to hear from Annie. "Stop joking!"

"Come here." Eren smiled sweetly as he pulls her closer to him and she rested her head on his chest.

"I'm so happy." Annie told him as she drew circle on Eren's chest with her finger.

"Happy? Why?" Eren asked.

"To have you in my life, I love you so much." Annie told him as she look at him straight in his eyes. "Despite that everything that has happen, I'm glad to have you here with me."

"I am too. Annie...I want to tell you something." Eren told her. After he died and came back. Eren thought that life was short...and thinking that he almost lost Annie scared him. But something crossed his mind...he also knew he had to talk with her father about it.

"What is it?" Annie asked him. Eren got up and sat on the edge of the bed.

"When this is over, I know this place out of town...a house, its peaceful and there's a lake...let's move there after we finish High school. And then..." Eren stopped there.

"And then?" Annie asked as she sat up. Eren turns to her and with a serious expression, he said-

"We'll get married." He told her. Her eyes widened, surprise and stayed like that for while until a tear run down her cheek and she smiles.

"Ok." She said as she reached out and hugs Eren.

"I love you, Annie." Eren told her as he rested his head on her shoulder. But at that moment, Eren phone rang and they pulled away. "My phone..."

"Answer it; it could be Mikasa or your mother. I have to call Dad to tell him I'm all right." Annie smiled.

Eren stood up and grabbed his pants off the floor and puts it on as the phone continues to ring in the pocket. He grabs and sees that it was simply a number, he raised an eyebrow and clicked the green and placed the phone near his ear.

"Hello?" Eren answered as he waited for who was speaking. But all he heard was silent. But when he was about to pull the phone away from his ear...he heard him.

"Eren Jaeger..." It was a soft voice...one he couldn't recognize but Eren knew that this wasn't a friendly voice. He could...somehow feel this voice's expression, and it contained some sort of anger.

"Who is this...?" Eren asked in a low voice.

"You don't know me...but you will...when your friend, Armin, calls." Eren eyes widened in shock to hear his friend's name being spoken. Fear soon consuming Eren...

"What did you...who are you!?" Eren demanded. "I swear...if you hurt Armin, I'm gonna hunt you down and-"

"Goodbye, Eren Jaeger." And with that, the person hanged up.

"Hey! Wait-!" He shouted but was too late and threw his phone on the bed.

"Ok...bye, Dad." He heard Annie finish her call and moments later, he felt her arms around his stomach. "Eren...?"