Chapter 22 Babies

//Mikasa POV//

"Gabe...My little boy...so cute." Mikasa cue her son as Jean held her in his arms. Mikasa felt peaceful and safe in his arms, even though she was stronger than him. She swore to protect now Jean and her son, like she swore to protect Eren when they were little. But she now understood that he has grown up and has a wife...a future family. She felt sad to lose the position to protect him anymore, but she felt happy to be able have not only her son to protect, but also a niece.

"Hey, what time is it?" Jean asked as he held Gabe in his arm. Mikasa checked her phone to check the time.

"7 in the morning." Mikasa said before she received a phone call. She checked the caller and it was Eren, so she quickly answered. "Eren, what's up?"

"Mikasa! Good news! I was so excited to tell you last night!" Eren sounded quite happy.

"Good news? What do you mean?" Mikasa asked through the phone and puts it on speaker for Jean to hear.

"Annie's baby...our baby...Annie went to the hospital yesterday in the afternoon! Mikasa...Annabelle is born! Your niece is finally here!" Eren shouted with excitement. And Mikasa couldn't believe until a few seconds later, she jumps out of bed and shouts happily.

"I'm a Aunt!" Mikasa cheered happily. "Gabe has a cousin! Oh, my god!"

"Hey, easy soccer mom." Jean joked.

"Whoa! Was that Mikasa screaming? Never thought I hear her act like that." Eren joked as well through the phone.

"Oh, shut up, Eren." Mikasa pouted.

"You should see this side of Mikasa, Eren. Less scary for the two of us." Jean chuckled. "Anyway, you at the hospital?"

"Going right now. I'll call you guys later." Eren then hangs up.

"Hey, Jean. Go get change, I'll put Gabe his clothes on." Mikasa told him.

"What for?" Jean asked.

"Don't you want to see them if Annie and our niece, right?" Mikasa asked.

"Sure, let's go and surprise them." Jean agreed. Mikasa took off her pajama shirt and puts on a clean shirt. But before she could put it on, Jean's arm went around her shoulder and hugs her from behind. She place her hand on his and rest gently on his shoulder. "Feeling better?"

"Yeah." Mikasa responded. What Jean was asking was that she wasn't hungry much after she gave birth to Gabe. She spent her free time when Gabe was asleep, she go exercising and studying on how to train a baby how to walk and speak. She would get tired and rest until Jean came back from work, which he was working with Eren in construction.

"Ok, get dressed and I'll go make us all breakfast. Gabe is already in his clothes." Jean kissed her neck and Mikasa slightly blush, but love the sensation of his lips.

"Ok, honey." Mikasa smiled.

//Annie POV//

Annie just felt someone holding her hand as she shook out of her slumber. She open her eyes to see Eren sitting beside her, holding and rubbing her hand. His eyes stared at hers and she smiles.

"Hey." Annie greeted him.

"Hey, how you feeling?" Eren smiled.

"Sore...not that tired anymore." Annie asked and noticed that the sun was shining bright through the window. "What time is it?"

"It's 8 in the morning." Eren told her and she sighs. Then she remembers her daughter.

"Where's Annabelle?"