Chapter 7 Friends or Enemies

//Annie POV//

"He's late." Annie said as she sat with Erica on the couch and watching Law and Order on the large computer.

"He's must be doing something important, right? Is he always like this?" Erica asked.

"No, this is a first. He's hiding something." Annie told her.

"How do you know?"

"I know him well enough that he is hiding something. And what he told us where he was heading was a lie." Annie smiled.

"And you're not going ask him?" Erica asked again confused.

"No, I think he'll explain when he comes back. Besides, I'm tired...I'm going to take a quick nap." Annie said as she yawned. She stood up and started to walk towards the room where she and Eren are going to sleep in.

"Tired from what?" Annie stopped dead in her tracks when Erica asked that.

"N-N-Nothing!" Annie cried out as she blushed scarlet red. She quickly ran to the room and closed it behind her.

//Eren POV//

"YOU WHAT?!" Mr. Leonhart cried out as if he didn't hear Eren the first time. They were in the living room drinking beer with their conversation.

"I wish to marry your daughter...sir." Eren told him again.

"HUH?!" he shouted.

"Do I have to repeat myself again?!" Eren shouted back. "Mr. Leonhart, I love your daughter and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. You told me to go back to her...you were right; I realize that I love her so much. I want to give her a happy life and for her to be happy."

"It's so soon!" he argued.

"Something happened to me a few days ago...and it made me realize that life could be short and I don't want to waste a day away from her. Mr. Leonhart, I want to ask your blessing to marry your daughter." Eren told him as he stood up and bows down.

"You believe your worthy of her?" he heard Mr. Leonhart ask.

"Yes." Eren said without hesitation.

"Do you love her that you would die for her?" he asked.

"No." Eren said. "I will not die because I want to be with her till we die because of old age. I swore to myself not to die in the past. I can't die because I have to protect her."

"Is that true?"

"Yes." Eren said.

"Then show me." Eren looks up and waits for him to explain. "Show me you have the strength to protect her."

"Wait...so I can?" Eren asked.

"Consider that my blessing." Mr. Leonhart smiles as he hands Eren his guitar. "And here, you should get going."

"Thank you, sir." Eren thanked him as he grabbed his guitar. "You're right...I'll bring your daughter as soon we finish off the Titans."

"Wait, you guys are what?" he stopped Eren.

"Yes...we have a plan and the town will be free from the Titan Gang." Eren told him. Eren kept talking as he started to walk away. "I'll make sure that no one else is bothered in Smallville and every town."

---An Hour Later---

Eren arrived back to the apartment and it was already dark, so he speeds forward a bit. He wanted to see Annie again. Soon after, he saw the driveway and parked the car. He checked his phone and it read 9:50.