Billdip- Adoption

Bill's POV:

Dipper and I walked into the adoption center, both of us eager to meet the little girls and boys. After a couple of minutes, a lady walked in to greet us. She smiled at us sweetly as she opened the door to the little playground they had outside. Children were all around, as happy and playful as could be. Dipper ran off to talk to a group of boys, leaving me alone. "Sir?" The lady approached me, checking something off on her clipboard. "Do you need help with anything? Is there a type of age or species you want? We have humans, angels, demons, and more!" I chuckled nervously. We hadn't really thought about what type of kid we wanted, just a happy and sweet one. "If you want," The lady started again, pointing to a small little girl sitting alone on a bench. "There's a girl named Sage that has been very sad the last few days, and nobody has been able to figure out what's wrong! Maybe you could make her feel better?" I stared at the girl for a bit longer before finally agreeing. After all, she looked like she needed somebody to talk to. 

"Excuse me," I started, sitting down next to her. "Are you Sage?" 

Sage looked up at me and nodded. She had long brown hair with light tanned skin, her eyes the same mocha color as Dipper's. "P-Please, j-just go away...I-I'll disgust you like I do with everyone else!" She cried and hid her face in her hands. "No you won't! Just tell me what's wrong, I won't be disgusted." I smiled and wrapped my hands around her wrists, pulling her hands away from her face. Sage rested her head on my chest, looking up at me with her brown eyes. Maybe it was just me, but I felt like maybe she was the one. Sage was the kid meant for us. "O-Okay...just promise you won't tell? T-That you'll keep it a secret?" I nodded. "I-I don't like boys! I-I like girls..." She whispered, tearing up again. "I-I always get bullied for it and all the p-parents and kids call me disgusting! Do you think I'm d-disgusting...?" 

My gaze softened. This poor girl had been through so much, and I felt horrible for her. "Can I tell you a secret of mine?" She wiped her tears and nodded back at me. "Do you see that boy over there? You know, the short brunette?" Sage giggled. "Y-Yeah! Why...?" 

"Well, he's my husband! His name is Dipper." Sage's eyes widened at the news. After hearing that, she immediately ran over to Dipper to meet him. I walked over to Dipper, who was smiling from the bear hug Sage had given him. "Dipper, I think she's the one."

Hey! Sorry about the rushed ending, lol. Happy almost Easter!