⁶⁸, INSIDE THE HOME

𝐓𝐎 𝐁𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄.
chapter sixty-eight; Inside The Home
" I care little for where we go, as long as we go together. "

  THE FOLLOWING DAY Elspeth Liens wanted to show Demetre around the estate

  THE FOLLOWING DAY Elspeth Liens wanted to show Demetre around the estate. So she put on her finest riding attire and had two horses tacked early that morning.

  Demetre rose earlier than Douglas, but after Fraser, just in time to meet Elspeth and her parents in the dining room for breakfast.

  "Ah, Demetre," Rowan greeted as the man entered, "Come, sit, eat. I believe Ellie already has a day planned for the two of you."

  Demetre raised a brow as he approached the seat beside Elspeth, who was grinning as she ate another piece of fruit.

  "I wanted to take you around the grounds today," Elspeth informed, "Show you the estate, and a bit of the duchy."

  "I'd love nothing more," Demetre said, beginning to fill his plate.

  Elspeth hummed in happiness, eliciting smiles from both of her parents, as Fraser entered.

  "Good morning Mother, Father," He greeted stiffly, taking his own seat across from Elspeth, "Ellie, Demetre."

  "Morning," Elspeth hummed, "What are your plans today, Fraser?"

  "Ah, I've elected to help Blair with Nessa this morning," Fraser informed, "I think I'll set out for home tomorrow."

  "So soon?"

  "I have things to tend to, Ellie."

  "Ah, yes, your garden," She noted with a smirk.

  Fraser glared, though it was more playful than Elspeth was used to.

  "Gardening is a delicate art, Elspeth," Fraser stated, "Perhaps I'll teach you one day soon."

  Elspeth grimaced, and Fraser seemed to catch his mistake a moment too late.

  "Teach her to garden where Fraser?" Malcolm prodded, raising a brow.

  "Ah, Father, I only meant. . ."

  Fraser seemed to falter under the stares of both his parents.

  "The three of us spoke last night," Fraser admitted, clearing his throat, "It seems we all wish to return home after so long away."

  Rowan let out a shout of happiness before she could contain it, slapping a hand over her wide grin as Malcolm chuckled heartily.

  "You mean it, truly?"

  "The details are hardly ironed out," Fraser said quickly, "I'm sure Ellie still needs to speak with Demetre on the matter, as I must with my wife and Douglas--"