Chapter 12

He held Itt more tightly, when the pain subdued he saw Itt trembling.

Day laid next to Itt sweating. His memories were distorted now but he started remembering the incident from CD , when he ramped Itt's car, few vague incidents when he tortured Itt, Itt eating cake.

 He tried to put pressure on his mind as he wanted to remember all for himself and for Itt. He felt he can't lose Itt and was having mixed emotions of jealousy and love.

Brick was a mess at this time, his old trauma was turning back.

Day tried to calm himself first then he saw Itt who was struggling to breathe now.

Day felt guilty of what he was doing to Itt "Itt breathe slowly. ..breathe slowly" He started rubbing his back to calm him down " Itt I am sorry. Forgive me please."

He pulled Itt in tight embrace and said " I love you" He kept rubbing his back. After a while he felt his breathing was normal and  saw Itt had fallen asleep . Itt was exhausted because of crying and fatigue due to  fever. Day could feel Itt's body was still very hot.

He got up and got dressed. He brought a wet towel and wiped Itt's body then made him wear fresh clothes. Itt was fast asleep.

He went outside to buy some grocery and came home and started making porridge for Itt. While the porridge was getting cooked he went up to check on Itt. He was still asleep cuddled under blanket. Day adjusted AC temperature and then went out in balcony and started smoking. 

 He was feeling guilty and at same time he felt he is too attached to Itt and can't let him go.   He realized whole time after the accident, Itt was always next to him and devotedly took care of him inspite of Day's mistreatment. Regarding hickey his anger had subdued as he felt Itt is not lying but still something was missing as what happened.

Smash! Noise of glass breaking interrupted his thoughts. He threw his cigarette and ran inside and saw Itt was about to fell from bed, his quick reflexes helped to pull back Itt.

He shouted " Itt what were you doing?"

Itt was shocked too " I .. I just... drink water" Day was scared that Itt could have fallen over the shattered glass, he hugged him tightly.  Itt was feeling comforted with Day's concern.

Day again had a headache and clung Itt strongly. He had similar flashes of Itt falling over glass.

Suddenly "Day.. I can't breathe." Day loosen his grip realising he was suffocating Brick, then he recalled the porridge over stove. He ran downstairs while shouting  "Don't sleep and stay in bed"

After a while he brought porridge and water. He gave water to Itt. He then went to clear the glass pieces and then gave porridge to Brick to eat. Itt was feeling confused with Day's behaviour as he was so violent before  and now he is taking care of him.

Itt was holding the bowl but was not eating. Day could see Itt was disoriented and unable to adjust with his changed behaviour.

He took the bowl from his hand and started feeding him. Itt was surprised but dint say anything and started eating. "Day I am full" he said after few spoons. " Eat little more " Day said sternly. He had one more spoon and then shaking his head " I can't ". Day stopped and then gave him medicine to eat. 

With recent incidents in condo Day had a feeling of deja vu and some memories coming back were confusing him but he was becoming confident that he and Itt share a strong bond.

Day held Itt's hand and said deeply " I am sorry. I couldn't control myself when I..  I can't live without you Itt."

Itt dint know what to say back and tears started falling.

" Don't cry. No more tears" Day said caressing Itt's cheeks. Itt felt warm feeling. 

"Day .. I don't know what.. I mean how" Itt was stuttering.

Day interrupted "I know. I believe you. Let's think about that later." Then he made him lay down.

Itt had fever for next two days. Day sincerely took care of Brick giving medications on regular intervals and making him feed which Itt was little stubborn not to eat but Day forced him to have. His wounds were healing and Day ensured to change the dressing regularly. He tried taking him to doctor but Itt dint agree so he have to give up.

Itt kept murmuring vague things in his sleep and his nightmares were increasing making him wake up scared in mid night which Day had to comfort him for hrs in order to make him sleep again.

Day tried to ask Itt about what he dreamt, but he was not willing to tell so Day dint force him. With the fever medication, Day kept giving the PTSD medicine which Doctor gave to keep his anxiety attacks in check.

During this time ,there were few calls on Itt's cell from unknown number which when Day picked, no one responded. Day was curious but ignored at this time as he was busy looking after Brick.

Day let Gear , Night, Neil and Nick know that they are at condo and Itt is sick. They kept calling Day to check on Itt and if he needed anything.