Chapter 25

Day and Nan reached Mac's house. There was a house help who guided them towards guest room where Itt was sleeping. Mac was in the balcony.

Mac heard the voice of door and entered back in room. Day rushed to see Itt and sat next to him at  the bed. Nan went near Mac and placed his hand over his shoulder and stood there  at his side looking at Day and Itt.

Day caressed Itt's cheeks worriedly then look at Mac . Mac thought Day will again be not happy with him like when he tried to support Itt on race track when he fainted. "I .. I just saw him..."Mac was stuttering as he really did not want to deal with Day. Nan immediately removed his hand from his shoulder an held his hand  strongly in warm manner making Mac look at him. He can see Mac was shaking a bit. But Day responded interrupting him "Thank You" Mac was not expecting this. Day stood up from bed and came near Mac and Nan and said again "Thanks for helping  Itt" . Mac was little dumbfounded. Nan saw Day was sincerely thanking him while Mac still nervous so he tried to make the atmosphere better "Hia  let's sit till Itt wakes up then you can take him". Day nodded. Nan also wanted Mac to become comfortable around Day and Itt but did not wanted to force him.  Mac immediately went and picked a paper and gave it to Day "Doctor prescribed this. " while looking down and said "I will go" and was trying to leave.

Nan immediately held his hand "Where are you going? Sit here pointing at couch. Mac was about to say "But I .. I..." Nan looked at him  and said"Sit with me" . " I have some work." Mac said again. Both Day and Nan saw Mac hesitating. Nan just held his hand and made him sit on couch "You can do that later". 

Day was looking at paper Mac gave. Nan told Day "Hia come and sit here".  Day went and sat on another couch. Nan sat next to Mac on same couch. The room was big enough. It had a bed and three couches and table in between. 

There was awkward silence when Nan started the conversation "Hia did something happen?" Mac also looked at Day curiously. When the maid entered and brought water for all. Day dint respond to Nan but looked at Mac and asked "What did the doctor say"  

"He was bleeding a lot at injured ankle so doctor said his wound has gone worse so he gave him  first aid and he has fever from inflammation and prescribed some medicine " Mac said softly. Day nodded and looked at Nan and told the incident about Ford "We went on a trip where we encountered this guy named Ford. He tried to physically abuse Itt. He has been chasing Itt since then. Itt had injured himself on trip so was hospital and today when he was getting discharged he again..." 

Day paused.."I did not believe Itt .."

Nan " Why dint you tell me so much happened". Mac was also shocked to hear what Day told.

Day looked at Mac and sighed and then started "Mac I am sorry...." Mac was shocked to hear these words and looked at Day in daze. Day continued "I know I have hurt you. I know you resent me and Itt. But Itt was not involved. He tried to stop me... I know I was wrong .. Itt has been living in guilt since then.  You can resent me as much but don't blame Itt. I really apologise to you"

Nan saw Day's sincerity and held Mac's hand "I am sorry too. I know apologising will not change what happened. I still want you to stay with me but would have changed how it all started if I can"

Tears started falling from Mac's eyes . He was not expecting two people he hated most will apologise to him .

Mac just looked down and tears were falling from his eyes continuously. Nan pulled him in embrace and rubbed his head and back to calm him. He started sobbing more . Day saw that and got up from the couch and went towards balcony to give them some privacy.

After a while Nan was able to calm him. Mac said "I .. I will go to my room"  which Nan agreed as he felt he needed some time alone. Mac went outside. Nan went to balcony and saw Day smoking. It was not easy for Day to apologise like this. It was out of his nature to apologise. Nan also was shocked to see Day like that.  

"Thank you Hia" Nan said. Day just responded "Is he ok.." and Nan nodded. 

"Hia are your memories back" Nan asked excitedly  and Day said "Yes" and took another puff from cigarette and handed over to Nan who took and started smoking. They stood there for a while in silence without talking about that topic at all.

They heard some voice from inside and Day  immediately rushed to see. Nan followed. Itt was murmuring something which was not clear in his sleep. It looked like he was having nightmare. Day sat  next to him and rubbed his head to calm him "Itt you are safe.. Itt you are safe" 

Nan went out to see Mac. Mac was sitting down on floor with his hands covering his face. Nan got worried and went near him and sat down . He tried to removed Mac's hand from his face  and saw his tear stained face. Nan hugged him and said "Tell me what can I do.. How can I  fix what happened. I will do anything. But don't leave me" Mac also hugged him back as he was too emotional now . He was in very confused state of emotions. He was feeling little relieved but he was not able to control his tears. Nan got up and brought glass of water and made Mac drink. 

"How come so fierce Mac is crying like baby " Nan tried to joke as he wanted to improve his mood. He has never see Mac cry like that. "I dint know you are crybaby.  I would prefer Mac who is cursing me " Nan smirked.

Mac calmed himself and hit Nan on his shoulder lightly to which Nan replied "That's Mac I know " and smiled and further added "Get up and wash your face." and assisted Mac to get up.

Mac washed his face and was feeling better then Nan asked "Should we go and check on Brick" Mac was hesitant still , seeing which Nan added  "I am with you" . Mac nodded.

They went to room and saw Brick was awake and hugging Day and was surprised to see Nan and Mac enter room. He separated from Day quickly "You.. Mac.." Itt was trying to figure out 

"Wow Itt I am impressed how you raced the car today.. You need to come back  on my track to race..."Nan said to lighten mood. 

"Bastard I was scared..." Itt said in low voice making all three smile.

Itt was looking down. Day understood Itt was very confused now and added "Mac saved you today. He brought you at his house"

Itt was surprised and raised his eyes to look at Mac while still bowing his head down and said "Mac.. Mac.. I am sorry.. .."

Mac had seen Itt's condition and with what Day told he was already feeling sympathy for him and he dint let Itt complete his sentence "Take your medicines. Doctor said you have to take one when you get up " he tried to divert the topic and also said as he remembered Doctor's words. Itt nodded and looked down.

Day added "We will leave then" as he felt he should take back Itt now as he is awake.

"But I was serious Doctor really asked to take x medicine when he gets up" Mac said with straight face while going and picking up the medicine from table and giving to Day making Day and Nan smile. 

Itt was really confused. Day gave him medicine and asked Nan to get him a taxi as he did not get car. Mac told them he left Itt's car at highway itself to which Nan said he will send someone to get it and asked Day to take his car for now . Day agreed and assisted Itt to get up and helped him to get in car. Day thanked both of them. "Brick get better soon and come and drive in track. Hia lets deal with that guy together" Nan said while smiling and Day nodded. Mac also looked at Itt and said "Take care of yourself" and smiled . Itt was really surprised to see Mac talking to him like that. Day looked at Itt and smiled but din't say anything. He waved at Nan and Mac and drove .

Nan immediately turned and hugged Mac tightly . Mac was taken aback then pushed Nan "Let's go inside" and went inside blushing . Nan saw his face turned red and smiled.