Chapter 26

Day and Itt were  driving back home. Itt was leaning back with closed eyes. Day kept glancing at Itt while driving as Itt was silent since they started from Mac's house.

"Are you hungry"  Day asked rubbing his head.  Itt did not respond anything. Day stopped the car at Nam's shop. Day was hesitant as he did not want to leave Itt alone in car after the incident and he also knew it will be difficult for him to walk so he can't take him along. He then recalled he need to get medicine too. The pharmacy was near Nam's shop . Day saw Itt sleeping and thought of stepping outside car and call Nam to avoid disturbing Itt .  Day opened the car door making Itt open his eyes who saw Day stepping outside the car. Itt immediately leaned to side and held Day's arm and shouted "No" Day was bit startled and sat back "What happen Itt".  

" Where are you going" Itt asked anxiously. 

"I was just stepping out to call Nam to get cake for you here. I am not going anywhere" Day responded.  "No I dont want cake." Itt said which surprised Day

" We need to buy medicine as well . I will call Nam here she can stay with you for few minutes" Day said further

"No I just want to go home" Itt said.

Day was also hesitant to leave Itt so agreed to go home . He called Night to prepare porridge.

They both reached home. Gear came out to open the gate . Day stepped out of car  and gave prescription to Gear and asked him to get medicine . Day assisted Itt to get out of car and took him inside the house. Gear drove the same car to get medicine.  Day made Itt sit at the couch and touched his forehead "You have fever".  Night came out with two glasses of water and placed on table and asked "P'Itt how are you" . Itt just nodded and smiled.

 Day picked the glass and gave to Itt who drank immediately as he was thirsty ; Day then asked Night "Is porridge done"

"Almost I will just get it " Night said and brought porridge for Itt and Day both and placed on the table. Day had also not eaten anything since morning as he was searching for Itt and it was past midnight now. "You both have eaten" Day asked Night  "Yes we just had an hour back." Night responded and asked about Gear . Day told him he has gone to get medicine.

Day said " Let's eat porridge and then you can take medicines" Itt nodded as he was starving.

Gear  came in with medicine and placed next to Day. He saw Itt lost in his thoughts and just stirring the porridge slowly with spoon. He tried to initiate conversation "Buddy I heard you raced the car" but Itt did not respond. Day called Itt twice but he looked really lost  just looking at porridge bowl. Day then held Itt's hand startling him "Wha What". 

"Eat it or should I feed" Day said. Itt just shook his head and started eating. Night switched on the television to distract but Itt  hardly looked at television. He was eating very slowly. Day saw it was very late so asked Gear and Night to go to sleep and they agreed. Day let Brick eat at his pace and sat looking at him worriedly. 

Day gave him medicines after he had food and asked him if he want to sleep downstairs or their room. Itt responded "I want to go to room". Day carried him to room and wiped him with wet cloth. Itt was already drowsy because of medicines so he slept. Day took shower and laid next to Itt and slept within no time. 

In morning  Day found Itt was holding his hand tightly in sleep. He pulled him closer carefully not to hurt his ankle. Day also dint want to get up so he stayed like that till Itt woke up. Itt was feeling better and Day took him downstairs to have breakfast. Itt was very solent but kept clinging to Day.  Night had already prepared breakfast. They all sat to have breakfast when Itt looked at Gear who was about to sit "Gear can you  lock  the gate " . It was morning now and they keep the gate and door unlocked mostly. Gear asked in confused tone "Now?"   Itt nodded and said in low voice "Close the door also." Gear looked at Day and he nodded. Gear locked the gate and door.  They all realized Itt is still scared  because of recent events but no one said anything.

Day was feeling guilty as he was not able to protect Itt. He thought he needs to solve the Ford issue quickly and not be careless.  He felt Itt has lost confidence in him as he did not believe him last time.

After breakfast  Day helped in dishes and clearing table  but Itt 's eyes was constantly moving with Day.  He did not want him out of sight. Night went to college and Gear to work; Day went to lock gate and door then he came in and saw Itt was talking on phone with someone " Can you please help me in finding this person. His name is Ford"

Day was shocked and disheartened to listen Brick's words.

-