Chapter 15

Hearing gun shot and seeing Itt fall, triggered darting pain in Day's head. He recalled the moment when Pee shot Day and Itt got hit to save him.

Day held his head and sat down. Day's memories were  flooding back. He was able to remember everything. He took few minutes to pull himself up then he saw Itt and ran to him in panic.

Day shook Itt calling his name many times but Itt did not respond. He checked Itt's body vigorously but there was no  new wound, luckily the gun was fired in air as the angle was changed when the rod hit his hand.

 Then he ran to get bottle of water from car , he splashed water over Itt making Itt move a little.

Day took a breather. He felt Itt might have fainted. He cradle carry Itt and took him in the house and made him lie down on couch. Itt was regaining consciousness.

" Itt are you ok" Day asked. Itt just looked at him but he was still disoriented.

Day got water and elevated Itt's head as he was still lying down and made him drink a little. He then got wet towel and tapped over his face to freshen him up. 

"Day Day " Itt called his name seeing him and touched his face " Are you ok Day"

Day held Itt's hand  and said in concerned tone "I am ok. You scared me today."  

"I felt  I will lose you again.  I was responsible for your accident and I can't .. I .." Itt said in low voice and tears started falling.

Day hugged Itt tightly  "Why did you do that Itt? What were you thinking . Why ? You don't know how I felt when you pointed gun at yourself" He held him more firmly to the point of squeezing.

Itt was silent and his breathing was still heavy which Day could feel.

Day then separated looked at Itt " Are you feeling ok? Let's go to doctor."

Itt shook his head "I just want to lie down. I am feeling very tired." Day made him lie down and  laid next to Itt on couch itself hugging him. Itt was facing Day and nuzzled himself in Day's chest.  Day patted lightly his back.

After sometime Day felt Itt's breathing was normal and saw Itt sleeping. He started thinking about time when he lost his memory and gave hard time to Itt. He was feeling guilty and then the sight of Itt pointing gun at himself gave him goosebumps. Day never felt this weak.

The door bell rang. Itt was still asleep but the noise made him turn his face other side.

Day got up and open the door and saw Neil and Nick there. "Hey where is my friend " Nick shouted in excitement. Day signalled them to keep voice low by putting finger on his lips and directing them to show Itt is asleep.

They both nodded and entered quietly.

Neil looked at Day and felt Day was tensed " Did anything happen?"

Day nodded "Let's talk in  the balcony"  but he kept looking at Itt and he dint want to let Itt out of sight. All three went to balcony which allowed Day to see Itt through glass door.

Day narrated the whole incident which shocked Neil and Nick both.  "I am not sure if we should first take him to doctor. I can't understand what made him point gun at him" Day said worriedly.

"Itt has endured a lot since your accident. In addition he is feeling guilty that he is responsible for your accident.... May be he was just trying to save you...." Neil was thinking out loud.

"No someone hit my car which caused me to lose balance and my car skidded. Itt is not responsible" Day said as he remembered what happened.

"So you remember now? Are your memories back?" Neil asked in surprise, Day nodded.

"What ? Did you tell Itt? Is he aware? " Nick said in excitement.

"No he is too vulnerable now, I dint get a chance to tell" Day said and kept looking at Itt.

"We need to tell him, it will make him so happy. He has been  waiting for this moment for so long." Nick said.

"Wait you said someone hit your car? "Neil asked.

"I am not sure ..may be it was just accident. I was not able to see the person as it was raining." Day said thinking deep.

"Let's talk about that later. Also as you said I think Pee will not bother for time being at least." Neil said.

"Tell Itt that you got your memories. I think that will make Itt better and also remove his burden" Nick reiterated and started entering room. Day and Neil followed .

"My friend has become so weak." Nick said little loud seeing Itt lying. It made Itt awake and he turned and saw Neil and Nick.

Itt got up and sat  but was feeling bit dizzy. Nick came to hug Itt but there was no excitement from Itt's end. 

"Do you know Day got his memories back" Nick said in excitement.

Itt heard and just looked at Day with curious eyes. Day nodded and sat next to Itt and held his hand "Yes I do remember everything. I am sorry I hurt you again." Tears started falling from Itt's eyes.

"Also about accident .." Day was about to say when Itt clutched Day's hand strongly" Sorry I ... I .. Sorry " Itt started apologising  and he started crying loudly.

"Brick it was not your fault" Day hugged him "Someone hit me and I lost balance. You dint do anything" 

Itt was still sobbing hard. Day started patting him lightly to calm him. Neil and Nick felt sympathy for Itt but dint think to intervene their moment. They went out leaving them alone.

"Itt look at me. It's all past now." He kept calming Itt but Itt was too sensitive now. Day was unable to calm him. He called Nick's name twice who entered along with Neil.

"Nick pass me some water" Day said holding Itt

Nick got water which Day made Itt drink. Itt started simmering down.

"Buddy you should be happy now." Nick said "Let's party today. Let's call everyone Gear , Night , Nan."

Itt hurriedly said "No.. not Nan.. no party " All three was confused listening that but dint question him "I want to rest." 

"Itt are you ok? " Day asked in calm voice. 

"Is anything bothering you Itt?" Neil added.

Nick was just staring at Itt as he had seen Itt in all phases but he felt Itt was different.

"No I just want to rest." Itt said again and lied down facing the couch and turning his back towards all three.