Elogium-Chapter 48

[Turbolift]

Chakotay summons a turbolift. The doors open to reveal a crewman and woman in a passionate kiss.

"Oh! Sir. We, er. We're just er." the crewman looked flustered.

"Yes, I can see that." Chakotay says.

The man and woman leaves, and Paris and Amanda walk up with Kes, carrying boxes of leafy vegetables.

"What was that all about?" Tom asked.

"I'd call it an example of indiscreet shipboard fraternisation." said Chakotay.

"Really? Sorry I missed it." said Tom intrigued.

It seemed he and Amanda weren't the only couple on the ship, only they seemed to be better at keeping it secret.

Amanda kicked his shin with her heel, Tom grimaced and frowned at Amanda.

"Deck six." said Chakotay, who watched Amanda kick him, he frowned as he found himself suddenly wondering what their relationship is.

[Mess Hall]

"Thank you for your help, Tom, Mandy." said Kes.

"Yeah. See you later." said Tom.

"Right." said Kes.

"Bye Kes." said Amanda.

Tom and Amanda walked off to a table, normally they ate with Harry, Christina and B'Elanna but they were already on shift, which made Amanda think Janeway had something to do with it.

[Kitchen]

"Here's the cabbage you asked for. Is something wrong?" Kes asked seeing Neelix digging through the cabbage.

"What's this?" Neelix asked, holding a beetle in his hand.

"A spawn beetle. Oh, they cross-pollinate the Oblissian cabbage. Have you ever seen such fascinating striations? Oh, isn't it beautiful?" Kes asked taking it off him.

"I doubt the Captain would think so if she found it crawling around in her salad." Neelix sniped.

"There is something wrong. What is it?" Kes asked.

"No, nothing. I'm just very busy. So, you're seeing Tom Paris later?" Neelix asked.

"What? No, not that I know of." Kes said.

"He said, see you later. You said, right. Is he helping you in the Aeroponics bay now?" Neelix said.

"He was just helping me carry these, so was Mandy." said Kes, Neelix always seemed to miss Amanda helping or being around too.

"How thoughtful." said Neelix.

"Neelix, this is getting ridiculous. You're imagining things that aren't there. You obviously don't see Mandy when this happens." snapped Kes, throwing the cabbage down on the bench.

"You're such an innocent! I see the way he looks at you. I used to look at women that way. I know what it means." Neelix snapped.

Kes opens her mouth to argue, that Tom wasn't looking at her like that, she knew about Amanda and Tom because Kes and Amanda had become good friends that and she accidently saw into Amanda's head.

"Janeway to the senior staff. Please report to the bridge." said Janeway over the comm.

Tom comes to the serving counter.

"Take care." he said.

Tom leaves the Mess Hall, Amanda walking with him, she was laughing at something he said.