Dreadnought-Chapter 74

[Amanda's quarters]

Amanda rolled over in her bed, most of the time she and Tom didn't actually sleep with each other, they slept in their own quarters, so that rumours aren't spread again.

Amanda walked to her Sonic Shower and activates it.

Her door bell chimed just as she put her uniform jacket on.

"Come in." she said.

Harry walked in.

"How have I never set foot in here before?" he asked.

Amanda laughed.

"So are we having breakfast or what?" Harry asked.

"Of course." said Amanda.

The two friends walked out and headed to the turbolift.

"Captain's Log, Stardate 49447.0, the crew has been informed that Amanda Torres has taken back her original rank of Lieutenant junior grade."

[Sickbay]

Ensign Wildman is having a pre-natal check-up.

"I've been considering naming him after my husband. It's been a tradition in his family for over five generations." Wildman said.

"I'm sure he'd be very pleased." said Kes.

"My husband's name is Greskrendtregk. He's Ktarian." Wildman explained.

"Choosing a name is no easy matter. I speak from experience." said the Doctor.

"Have you had any progress, Doctor?" Wildman asked.

"I've reviewed historical, literary and anthropological databases from over five hundred worlds and have yet to find a suitable name. However, I may want to give some thought to Greskrendtregk." said the Doctor.

"To be honest, I've been thinking of something simpler. What do you think of Cameron?" Wildman asked.

"I like it." Kes said.

"Cameron, from the ancient Celtic term for one whose nose is bent." said the Doctor.

"What about Frederick?" Wildman asked.

"Frederick. Very distinguished. However, it bears a close resemblance to a rather impolite term on the Bolian homeworld." said the Doctor.

"It doesn't have to be a human name. I like Sural. It's Vulcan." said Wildman.

"Yes, unfortunately it was also the name of a dictator on Sakura Prime, famed for beheading his rivals, and his parents." said the Doctor.

"You won't have any objection to Benaren." said Kes.

"You're right. I've never heard that name before." said the Doctor.

"I think it's lovely. Is it Ocampan?" Wildman asked.

"Benaren was my father's name. He was the greatest inspiration of my life." said Kes.

"All science officers. Please report to your stations." Janeway said.

"Your scans look fine, Ensign. We'll see you in a week." said the Doctor.

"Thank you. Greskrendtregk would make a good middle name, don't you think?" Wildman asked.

Wildman leaves.

"You never suggested your father's name to me." the Doctor said almost offended.

"I thought you were only considering human names." Kes said.