Moving

"You sure the kids will be fine in the new house?" Connor navigated through the maze of cardboard boxes and furniture too big to pack in boxes. He had about two boxes of kid's toys balanced on his left shoulder and three boxes of dishes on his right.

"They'll be fine, Connor, they're big kids." M'gann levitated the couch into place and began to use her telekinesis to place a few books on the bookshelf, made of indigenous Kryptonian wood from Superman.

"That's a box of Marie's clothes." Connor said as M'gann tried to open another box of what she thought were more books.

"And that's Clark's baby swing."

Connor was too busy using his x-ray vision to check which boxes M'gann was looking at that he didn't notice the banana peel from Clark's earlier snack. His foot went down, and Connor and the boxes went flying through the air.

Something stopped him in mid-air, his nose inches from the tiled kitchen floor.

M'gann grinned at Connor, lowering her hand to place him on the floor, the dishes in the kitchen, and the toys in the playroom.

"I will not have any super-strength dents in my new floor, Mr. Kent," she teased, wagging her finger at him.

"I wasn't trying to, Mrs. Kent."

M'gann brushed his mind with hers.

"I love you."

Connor smiled at his wife, "I know."

He hugged her from behind and kissed the top of her head, looking out the apartment window at the stars. It was kind of hard to see them, the lights of  a big city like Metropolis did that, but Connor could always see the stars. They were so beautiful. But the most beautiful sight of all was right in front of him.

"Well, the kids are in bed, the moving truck/bioship is unpacked, and I'm ready for bed, how about you?" Connor asked, faking a yawn.

"Sure, why not?"

"Good." M'gann squealed as Connor lifted her up, bridal-style, and kissed her nose.

-------

Connor awoke, hours later, to a tiny foot kicking him. Hard.

He turned on his side to see that both Marie and Clark had weaseled their way in between him and M'gann while they slept

M'gann sat up and saw the kids too.

"Just fine?" Connor mouthed.

M'gann shrugged, and reached for Connor's hand, pulling Clark closer to her.

Connor did the same with Marie, kissing his baby girl on the forehead.

"Daddy?" She whispered.

Connor mentally facepalmed for waking her up. "What is it?"

"I'm scared. I don't wanna move anymore." She whispered. "Metropolis is scary."

Connor smoothed out her hair, giving M'gann's hand a squeeze.

"It's okay. Your mom and I are scared too, but we can do this. We'll all go through this together."

He winked at M'gann and she smiled.

Yes, they'd do this together.