Cinderella

Guys, I published the first chapter of "Together" and I think I'm fangirling over my own story xD  

Request from ColleenODriscoll 

Cast:

M'gann~ Cinderella

Connor~ Prince Charming

Queen Bee~ Evil Stepmother

Artemis and Raquel~ Evil stepsisters (SORRY GIRLS)

Kaldur~ Grand Duke

Wally~ lizard/Footman

Robin~ robin/coachman

Zatanna~ Fairy Godmother

Tonight was the night.

"Do my hair!"

"Fix my corset!"

"Iron my dress!"

"Polish my shoes!"

The list of demands went on and on, but that didn't deter Megan. Tonight was the royal ball in honor of the Prince's birthday, and if she finished all her chores on time, she would finally be allowed to attend along with her stepmother and stepsisters.

Alas, when the carriage had arrived, Megan's heart finally sank. She had finally finished helping her stepsisters get ready, but now there was no time for Megan herself to prepare.

She looked down at her clothes. Her ragged brown dress, threadbare apron, and calloused hands with dirt underneath the nails. No one would let her go to the ball now. A single tear ran down her cheek, leaving a track through the dirt. 

"Ready to go?" Megan jumped at the taunting voice of her eldest sister. Both of her stepsisters, dressed in all their finery, watched her from the doorway, as if they expected her to join them. Her sister Artemis had managed a rather nasty smirk for the occasion, and Raquel was unsuccessfully hiding her giggles behind the lace pink fan that matched her ballgown.

Megan shook her head. "You go. Have fun." she choked, managing a smile for her sister's sake.

"Poor child." Megan's stepmother, Regina Bee, tapped the air above Megan's cheek, not daring to sully her silk fan by letting it to even brush against Megan. She really was the cinders girl that everyone teased her about.

"Perhaps...next year." Regina smiled like a cat that had eaten a canary, a mocking tone in her voice.

Megan only nodded, staring at the floor. "Next year."

The three women laughed, clearly pleased with themselves, as the footmen helped them into the carriage.

As the sounds of the wheels on the gravel path faded away, Megan burst into tears and ran out to the garden in the back. She had planted this garden with her parents, back when her mother was still alive. Soon after marrying the widowed Regina, her father had passed away too, allowing Regina to take advantage of Megan's kindness.

The tiny brown mouse that Megan had named Gar heard her sobs, and came over to investigate. Megan sunck to the ground in her father's pumpkin patch, and scooped up Gar in her palms.

"Oh, Gar, I wanted to go. I really did! Regina and her daughters can have the prince, I just want one night to enjoy myself!" Megan sobbed. By now, her cheeks were nearly clean of all the dirt and ashes.

Gar cocked his head to the side, standing up on his hind legs and giving a curious "squeak". 

Megan sighed. "No, I don't want to go just for the prince." She glanced up at the stars. "Although he must be very handsome." The hint of a smile played on her pouty lips. "I've never seen him, but everyone in the marketplace talks about him. They say he's just and kind, like his father, that he cares about his people."