Angels (AU Part Two)

This is a continuation of the "Angels" AU I did a while ago, and I'll probably post a part three later on.

This is a request from @GeekyReader_28. She has also requested permission to continue the "I Can't Loose Her" one-shot, and I said yes! Make sure to read that, it looks really good so far!

I got the inspiration for the different schools thing in this shot from @MysteriousPrankster 's SuperMartian High School One-Shots. Go check them out!

And @AnonymousMagician19 has also posted a One-Shot/Songfic for SuperMartian.

Make sure to look up all three of these amazing Wattpad-ers!

Connor sighed for what seemed like the fifth time that day. He grabbed his bag and tugged on the collar of his uncomfortable school uniform.

Connor had been against joining any clubs or teams at his school, but his father insisted he needed to find something to do in his spare time, and he needed to make more friends.

But Connor didn't need any friends. He had M'gann, and she was something so much more than a friend. He didn't think any of the other guys on his football team were really friend friend material. They were all more dedicated to the game than he was, even though Connor was the star player on the team, and most of the boys were the player type and a jerk to any guy who didn't play a sport or any unpopular kid. Connor just didn't have any respect for those kinds of people.

"I don't need a girlfriend, Rick," he told one of his teammates, slamming his locker shut and marching off down the hall with his sports bag slung casually over his shoulder.

"Maybe you don't think that, but they do," Rick, the only guy on the team with any brains at all, jerked his thumb at the horde of cheerleaders ogling the both of them, but mostly Connor. Being the star football player and the hottest guy in school didn't help the fact that Connor preferred to be alone.

"Look, just try Michelle. She's the hottest of them all. She's cheer captain, and you're our pro player! It just makes sense." Rick said.

"For you maybe." Connor huffed. He blew a stray strand of hair from his face, and half the within sight squealed at the gesture or fainted on the spot.

Oh please, Connor thought, All of them combined aren't even half the girl that M'gann is.

-------

The cheerleaders were all watching Connor again as the team finished up practice. He wiped the sweat off his face with a towel and downed the contents of a water bottle in one gulp, when something in the bleachers caught his eye.

It was redheaded girl who wore a cheer uniform, but it was in blue and white, different from Connor's school colors of black and yellow. She was very beautiful, but not like the other make-up caked cheerleaders huddled together in a posse. This girl had a more natural sense a of beauty, and a smile that could light up a football stadium. Even with the change in her skin color, Connor recognized her immediately.

Unlike most days, where Connor walked off the field to go home on his own, he followed his teammates up the stands to where they greeted their girlfriends and started eating each other's faces. Halfway up the stands, Connor broke away and nearly sprinted the rest of the way to M'gann.

"Hi Connor!" She beamed. Connor couldn't help smiling back.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, sitting next to her and placing his bag on the footrest next to his feet.

"I was going to wait for tonight, but I had to show you this!" M'gann stood up and twirled in her cheer uniform. "I made the cheer squad at my new school!"

"That's amazing!" M'gann blushed at Connor's statement even though he meant it with all his heart.

"Hi Connor!" All the single cheerleaders called with one voice. Michelle, who had broken up with the football captain two days ago, led the cheer, throwing Connor a wave and her best smile in addition. Neither could compare to M'gann.

Connor shook his head and turned back to M'gann.

"Um...what was that?" M'gann asked curiously.

"Nothing." Connor told her honestly.

"Really?" M'gann asked doubtfully.

"Don't you think if they meant anything to me I would have told you?" Connor asked in reply.

M'gann's smile returned, relieved. The two of them stood up and Connor picked up M'gann's books.

"You're...carrying my books?" M'gann asked.

"Sure, why not?" Connor slung his bag over his shoulder again and tucked M'gann's books under his arms.

"Connor!" Michelle gave off the loudest, most fake laugh Connor had ever heard. She sneaked up behind him and snaked her arm around his shoulders.

"Prom is in a few days, you going with anyone?" She asked not-so-subtley.

Connor glared at her, but before he could even open his mouth to tell her to get lost, he heard another seductive voice behind him.

"Hey cutie. What're you doing with a guy like Mr. Grumpy-Face over there?" Max, Captain of the football team, had his arm around M'gann's waist as she stood stock-still, unsure of what to do.

"Are you single?" Max pressed, tossing his hair like an outdated pop star and leaning in closer to M'gann. "Cuz if you are, you and me should totally get together."

Connor dropped M'gann's books nd his duffle on Michelle's $200 designer shoes from a brand by the name of which Connor had no interest in remembering.

"Leave her alone." He told Max, suddenly getting defensive.

"Connor, don't!" Connor was unfamiliar with M'gann using her telepathy, but he recognized her voice well enough to know that she was using her powers. Connor ignored her as the rest of the cheerleaders and the football team gathered around the four.

"Or what? Is she your girlfriend, Luthor?" Max shot him a nasty grin.

Connor had no idea what to say. It was completely silent as the two big boys stared at each other angrily. M'gann took the opportunity to escape, digging the heel of her sneaker into Max's foot and ducking under his arm so quickly she had to have used her telepathy to move his arm. Max hopped up and down, nursing his sore foot while M'gann walked back over to Connor and picked up her books from their spot by Michelle's feet.

"I had it." Connor thought sourly as the two of them walked away. He took her books again, despite her protests.

"Its really sweet of you, Connor, but I can take care of myself." M'gann assured him, taking her books back.

Connor thought about it as the two of them prodded along towards the parking lot, where Connor's daily limo, sent by his father of course, was waiting.

"Alright," he said at last. "I can accept that you can take care of yourself, but try not to bite off more than you can chew."

M'gann took his hand and smiled at him. "But even if I do, I know my handsome hero will come and save me."

Connor squeezed her hand gently, "If I'm the hero, then you're my princess."

If you want more one-shots, please comment requests!