What Do I Feel?

When M'gann and La'gaan called the warehouse saying that they were in trouble, Connor didn't waste a second. He immediately volunteered to go with Nightwing to Chicago. Sure M'gann and La'gaan were both very strong, but Lagoon Boy was a bit of a hothead, and M'gann had been...out of it lately.

"Out of it is one way to put it," he thought, remembering their conversation a couple nights ago.

"Recognize; Nightwing, B02. Superboy, B04."

They exited the zeta-tubes just in time to see the Manta flyer fly away, and Lagoon Boy lying  unconscious on the ground of the junkyard.

Connor felt like punching something, or throwing something so hard it flew into space.

He was too late, he'd lost her.

Again.

------

"Let me go!" La'gaan shouted as Superboy and Nightwing tried to get him to lie down back in his hospital bed, "I've gotta save M'gann!"

"La'gaan, calm down! There's nothing you can do for her in your condition!" Nightwing protested, giving La'gaan a final shove back into the bed. And he was right. La'gaan had a broken leg, he wouldn't be able to swim, much less walk.

"Then why he still here?" La'gaan accused Connor, "Why isn't he rescuing her? I know you dumped her, but do you really hate her that much?"

"YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I FEEL FOR HER!" Connor yelled at last.

"What do you feel for her?" asked a voice in his head, "What has made it that you haven't moved on from her after all these months?"

"Is it really just friendship, or is this something more?"