Christmas

Another request from @Jelsa202! She's awesome! (not to mention I've been in an extremely Christmassy mood lately) I was kind of mad when they didn't do Christmas in the show. Religious complications, I guess. But now I writes fanfiction for it! Yay! the song is "Cold December Night" by Michael Buble. I don't own the song and I don't own Young Justice. ENJOY!!!

Stockings are hung with care
As Children sleep with one eye open
Well, now there's more than toys at stake
Cause I'm older now but not done hoping.

"Did you brush your teeth?"

"Yes daddy."

"Are you sure?" Connor knew how Marie hated brushing her teeth, and usually avoided it by saying she was too tired.

"Because Santa will know if you're lying, and he won't leave you any presents if you do..."

"I did!" Marie persisted with a giggle.

Connor kissed her green forehead.

"Night princess."

"Night daddy."

Connor met Megan in the living room, where the image of a fire crackled pleasantly in the fake fireplace, giving a traditional feeling. Connor turned the lights off so that the Christmas tree seemed to shine more and the fire seemed to glow brighter.

"Clark all tucked in?" He asked as he sat down next to her.

"Finally. He wanted to stay up and see Santa." Megan giggled, "What about Marie?"

"She actually brushed her teeth for once."

"That's good," Megan sighed and leaned her head on Connor's shoulder.

Connor stared at the tree, decorated with the kids homemade ornaments and the colorful glass balls Megan insisted they buy when they went shopping for last-minute Christmas presents and dinner. The bright lights seemed almost like a portal, one that carried Connor back to his first Christmas.

-------

The twinkling of the lights
The scent of candles fill the household
Old Saint Nick has taken flight
With a heart on board so please be careful.

"So...Santa Claus comes down the chimney, lands in the fireplace, and leaves presents for everyone?" Connor asked Wally, his eyes going wide like a little child as he and M'gann listened to Wally and Robin's tales of Jolly old Saint Nick.

"Come on guys, it's time to go get a Christmas tree!" Zatanna called from down the hall.

"We'll be right there, Zee!" Robin replied as he put on his coat and hat.

"You better! This is Artemis's first year with a Christmas tree!"

Wally ran down the hall yelling, "YOU'VE NEVER HAD A TREE BEFORE!?!?"

M'gann laughed and shape-shifted her clothes into jeans, snow boots, a fluffy coat, and a hat with little pom-poms. Connor just put on his usual brown jacket. He was a Kryptonian, he didn't need anything else to stay warm

It had been very gray over Happy Harbor for the past few days, but today it finally started snowing. M'gann squealed with glee as she and Zatanna tried to catch snowflakes on their tongues as the group walked. Wally and Artemis had a little snowball fight, but Kaldur broke it up.

In the middle of town square, a display of pine Christmas trees had been set up. Robin sent the girls to go buy ornaments and tinsel and such while the guys got a tree. They chose one that wasn't too small, and wasn't too big, and smelled amazing. Once they got it back to the cave, Wolf went crazy at the strong pine smell, and nearly knocked over the tree as they tried to decorate.

A tree that smells of pine
A house that's filled with joy and laughter
The mistletoe says stand in line
Loneliness is what I've captured
Oh but this evening can be a holy night
Let's cozy on up by the fireplace
And dim those Christmas lights

That night, Connor and M'gann sat on the couch, watching the tree twinkle.

"Do you think we'll see Santa?" M'gann asked Connor, unaware of the junior magician in the doorway behind them.

"I don't know, maybe," Connor shrugged.

They both go up to go to bed, but stopped when they saw a tiny green plant in the doorway above.

"What's that?" Connor asked, pointing to the plant.

M'gann squinted at the tiny bough for a moment, studying it a bit. Then her face brightened, "I think Wally told me about it; that's mistletoe!" She exclaimed.

"What's it have to do with Christmas?" Connor asked.

"Well...Wally said that when two people stand under it, they have to...um...kiss," M'gann informed him, blushing.

Connor blushed too, and looked down at his feet. Suddenly, M'gann kissed his cheek, and flew off to her room without a word.

The next morning was Christmas. Filled with hot chocolate, cookies, Christmas candy, eggnog (Wally got hyper, as you can probably tell), and presents. Lots and lots of presents. Thank you Batman and Green Arrow.

M'gann was gushing over Artemis's new Christmas sweater when Connor tapped her shoulder and pulled her aside.

"M'gann?" He asked.

"Yes?" She replied, not quite meeting his eyes.

"I know what I want Santa to bring me this year."

Each year I ask for many different things
But now I know what my heart wants you to bring

"My, my, when did we get mistletoe?" Robin asked mischeviously, putting an arm around Zatanna's shoulders.

Connor pulled M'gann under the doorway, where he put his arms around her waist and she put hers around his neck.

"Merry Christmas, Connor," She whispered.

"Merry Christmas, M'gann," He told her with a small smile.

And then they kissed.

-------

So please just fall in love with me this Christmas
There's nothing else that I will need this Christmas
Won't be wrapped under a tree
I want something that lasts forever
So kiss me on this cold December night.

Connor was brought back from the past by M'gann's sudden movement. The clock on the mantlepiece said "11:59"

"Merry Christmas, Connor," She whispered.

"Merry Christmas, M'gann," He told her with a small smile.

They call it the season of giving
I'm here, I'm yours for the taking
They call it the season of giving
I'm here, I'm yours