More Late Nights

I actually wrote this back in freshman year, when I was first coming up with my next-generation. So here's more of their family for ya(albeit it's short)!

Someone was staring at Connor, he could feel it. He slowly opened one eye and saw two bright blue eyes watching him through the early morning dimness.

"Daddy?" Little Marie poked her father in the shoulder to make sure he was awake.

"I had a nightmare." Her bottom lip quivered as she quickly glanced around the room, as if whatever haunted her dreams might jump out at her from the shadows.

Connor sat up quietly and pulled Marie onto his lap, trying not to disturb M'gann. Even through the lack of light, he could see a small, pale, red-headed figure lying in the middle of the bed as well. Clark must have climbed in earlier, or M'gann was too tired to put him back in bed after she got him to calm down. That kid was manipulative.

Marie, the big sister, buried her face in her favorite blanket.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Connor whispered. she shook her head of black hair, then looked up and grabbed his big hand in her tiny green one.

"I wanna sleep with you." she insisted.

Connor shook his head, "you have your own big-girl bed," he scooped her up in his arms and started to carry her back to her room.

"But Clark gets to sleep with you and Mommy!" She protested, a little louder than her previous whispers.

Connor  looked back at Clark and M'gann in the bed, and then to Marie's begging eyes.

"Alright," he gave in. Marie beamed at her daddy, kissing him on the cheek like she always saw Mommy do.

She snuggled into the bed between Connor and baby Clark.

"Goodnight Clarkie," Marie hugged her sleeping brother and planted a kiss on his forehead.

If he was a girl, Connor would have called the scene adorable, but he just smiled and leaned over his kids to kiss his wife good-night. He lay awake until he was cartain that Marie was sleeping, and then he closed his eyes.