For The Dancing And The Dreaming (How To Train Your Dragon AU)

I watched HTTYD 2 and thought: “If Spifire=HiccupxAstrid, then SuperMartian=?” And then I figured it out when I heard this song. I put both Marie and Clark in there to take the place of Hiccup, and Wally takes the place of Gobber, cuz it fits.

“You should see it, mom!” Clark exclaimed, trying to keep the fish shish-ka-bobs out of the reach of his dragon, Superman.

“Where we used to make weapons, we now make saddles and equipment for riding dragons!” Marie said, tossing some entrails to her dragon, Manhunter. (See what I did there? XD)

“Oh!” M’gann gasped as Superman “accidentally” bumped into her, making her drop the fish she was carrying.

Connor laughed, “Well, I didn’t marry you for your cooking,” He said gently, putting an arm around his long-lost wife.

“You should have tasted her cookies,” Wally said, leaning on his dragon, Flash, and making a face, “I think I’ve still got a few clanking around in there!” he patted his stomach.

Connor watched M’gann sadly, as she waited patiently for the water jug to fill. Then, he got an idea.

He began to whistle a gentle melody, one he hadn’t heard in a long time.

“Oh, I love this one,” Wally sighed and sat back as Marie and Clark both took a seat next to him.

“Do you remember it, M’gann?” Connor asked, “Our song?”

M’gann looked away, blinking back tears as Connor took the water jug from her, putting his hands over hers. When he received no reply, he began to sing.

"I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me
No scorching sun
Nor freezing cold
Will-"

Wally interrupted with his terribly off-key voice, "Will stop me on my jour-ney- Sorry." he apologized abruptly at Connor’s glare. Marie and Clark both giggled as Connor went back to his song.

"-If you will promise me your heart
And love..."

He sighed sadly, and turned away, fearing that it was hopeless. But then, M’gann’s sweet alto joined his own, deep bass.

"And love me for eternity
My dearest one my darling dear
Your mighty words astound me
But I've no need of mighty deeds
When I feel your arms around me," she turned to face Connor, and brightened slightly at the sight of his smile. She linked her right arm with his left, and they began to dance.

"But I would bring you rings of gold
I'd even sing you poetry
And I would keep you from all harm
If you would stay beside me," Connor continued the song, spinning M’gann underarm as she sang the next part

"I have no use for rings of gold
I care not for your poetry
I only want your hand to hold-”

"-I only want you near me!"  Connor assured her happily as they began to dance and sing faster.

"To love to kiss to sweetly hold
For the dancing and the dreaming
Through all life's sorrows and delights
I'll keep your love inside me
I'll swim and sail on savage seas
With ne'er a fear of drowning
And gladly ride the waves of life
If you will marry me!"

Clark and Marie applauded, but Wally seemed to be convinced that the song wasn’t over.

"Me-eee-eee...I'm still goin'......! I’m done!” He said at last, to the relief of all the dragons in the room, who all looked quite upset at Wally’s lack of talent.

“Will you come back, M’gann?” Connor begged, taking both her hands in his, “We can be a real family again!” He gave Marie a one-armed hug, refusing to let go of M’gann’s hand in the other

M'gann looked at her husband and two now-grown children, bringing Clark in under her arm. What else could she say?

"Yes!"