Working Together

THANKS FOR THE 1.1K VOTES EVERYONE!!!!

"MOOOOOOMMYYYY!!! Wolf took my truck again!" Marie shouted, "AND HE HAS CLARKIE'S TEDDY TOO!"

"Connor, could you get that please?" Megan begged. Her wonderful husband bounded upstairs to deal with the mutated creature and his two oldest children, while M'gann chose to deal with the youngest.

Martin wailed without taking a breath, his green skin was splotched with pale white patches, and his body shifted painfully from one form to the next. It wasn't very consistent. First his head was human, then his leg looked like Wolf's, then he grew fins like Lagoon Boy, then Martian arms and legs, and all throughout that he was still crying as loud as Silver Banshee.

"Oh Martin, I wish you could just tell me what's going on!" M'gann thought, balancing him on her shoulder. She tried to push his mind in a calming direction, but he kept forcing her back out. 

Martin was a very strange baby. He didn't respond to any noises, like Marie's squeals when she saw him in the Watchtower med wing for the first time, or Wolf's barks when someone rang the doorbell, but he blinked puzzledly when Connor kissed his forehead. 

In her mind, M'gann gently hummed a Martian lullaby, and that started to calm him down.

"There you go," she thought with a smile. She shook his bottle, and cradled him in the crook of her arm, his wide, blue-brown eyes staring up at his mother.

"That's right, Martin, I'm your mother, and I love you." she smiled. She continued to hum the lullaby, rocking Martin back and forth gently as she fed him.

 Just as his eyes shut, Marie squealed, and Wolf ran down the stairs with Clark and his sister riding on his back. Thank goodness Martin was a sound sleeper. He didn't even fuss.

Connor slowly and tiredly made his way down the stairs. It was his first year with a full time job as a reporter for the Daily Planet- thank you Clark- and a full-time responsibility as a father on top of taking on the role of Superman. Instead of dealing with the stress, M'gann had quit the League and decided to become a stay at home mom, and put her dreams of her own bakery on hold until her kids were grown up. Marie had Martian abilities, Clark had Kryptonian powers, and Martin could fly, change form, and punch a hole through the bedroom wall. And that was only so far. 

"You okay?" M'gann asked, bouncing Martin up and down in her arms as she met Connor on the stairs.

"You know, I really thought Wolf had matured by the time we had Marie." Connor shook his head.

"Well, not everyone can grow sixteen years in four months like you did," M'gann teased, pushing the glasses farther up the bridge of her husband's nose. Connor kissed her on the lips, and Martin started to fuss again.

"What's up, big guy?" Connor reached out for Martin to grip his pointer finger, and the baby's hand turned into an octopus tentacle.

"Something's wrong. Marie had a handle on her powers after a few weeks, but it's been almost two months now. He responds to my telepathy, but he won't even flinch at Wolf's barks." M'gann said, trying not to sound distressed.

Connor gently massaged her knotted shoulders.

"Mister White wants me to have a report on Lena Luthor's new company policy by tomorrow, but while I'm doing my research I'll call Adam and see if he can help." He suggested.

"Thanks, Con," M'gann smiled.

"Together?" Connor whispered, kissing her forehead.

"Together," M'gann replied.