Chapter Two: JAG Lieutenant Jane Doe Is?

Everyone went down to Autopsy. Rose stood off to the side out of the way with Tony while Gibbs was standing beside Vivian. Ducky was moving around the body taking pictures. Ducky's assistant was across the room well out of the way. Vivian puts vaseline on her nose to mask the scent of the body.

"Well, aside from having no face, you cleaned up pretty good." Ducky says, taking some pictures.

"All you're gonna smell is a dead gal with a chest cold." Gibbs explains to Vivian who glares at him.

"The only unaccounted for JAG is a lieutenant Singer." Gibbs explains.

"She's pregnant - supposedly full term." Rose explains.

"Then she's not our guest." Ducky says.

"Could she have just delivered?" Tony asks.

"Nope. Having a good day, Vivian?" Ducky asks.

"Oh just ducky." Vivian says and Ducky laughs.

"Oh, the, uh, DNA results will be released shortly, and then we'll be formally introduced." Ducky explains.

"Gonna need the fetus' DNA, Duck." Gibbs explains.

"You think Daddy's the killer?" Ducky asks.

"She was single." Tony explains.

"Hmm. Shame on you." Ducky tells the victim.

"If we're lucky, the baby's DNA will match somebody at JAG." Gibbs explains.

"It's illegal to use military DNA except to identify the body." Vivian objects.

"I don't intend to use it in court." Gibbs explains.

"Well, it's still illegal." Vivian objects.

"That law's gonna change soon, Viv." Tony says.

"Well, it hasn't changed yet!" Vivian exclaims getting angry.

"The DNA of the fetus is important to the case either way. Maybe the father didn't know. Maybe he did. We won't know until we know the father's DNA." Rose explains.

"Politicians have their time table, I have mine." Gibbs explains angrily.

"Let's not fight, children, we're all on the same team." Ducky says, "Let me show you what I found on the body before I send them up to Abby. One cocktail naptin, very water soaked. It appears to have something scribbled on it. Our Lieutenant was traveling on American Airlines."

"To or from?" Gibbs asks.

"It's hard to tell - that's in worse shape than the napkin." Ducky explains.

"I can partially make out a destination..." Gibbs says and Rose looks.

"S something N?" Rose explains.

"Chegwidden said Lieutenant Singer lived in San Diego, SAN is their airport destination." Tony states.

"San Diego. Have them check her residence, interview neighbors, full investigation. Anything else, Duck?" Gibbs asks.

"Yes. I saved the best for last." Ducky replies.

"As usual." Rose explains.

"This metallic sliver was embedded in a posterior skull fracture." Ducky says and leads them over to the X-Ray scans, "I'll show you - it was, uh, here. My guess, she was hit on the head with a blunt metal object and dumped over the falls. These fractures could have been caused by going over the falls without a barrel."

"Check the bridge above the falls." Gibbs says.

"Viv and I'll be out at first light." Tony explains.